Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I Missing The Listing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rouser
This will all become very clear.

I've lurked/perused/chuckled-through a few 911/930/944/951/964/968/993/996 sites (Whew! Did I leave any out?), some sites which are visited by a few individuals here, and others I happened to bump into just doing a nosey search.

Noticed I bolded a few bloodlines. Now, is there some sort-of "anal vision" that I've suddenly inherited, or have I noticed a tendancy for some 911-type owners (very few I've seen that don't) that absolutely FEEL the need to rattle off the entire "additional" (i.e. aftermarket) options off the window sticker? The only thing usually left out is the price; guess we don't want to open that anal port TOO wide.

Here's a classic example (bite me if you recognize any of these): Gemballa Aerodynamics, Europipe Stage II Loud, AVS 315/25/19 Rears, AVS 235/35/19 Fronts, Semi-Solid Forged SSR-GT3's, Bilstein PSS-9 Adjustable Coilovers, Bailey Diverter Valves, Tequipment Rollbar
* OR *
Midnight Blue / Savanna beige leather, PSE, ROW M030, GT3 Aero, 18" Carrera's, B&M, Mid Blue Console, RUF steering wheel and Pedals, Techart Mats, Deviating Carpet, Silver crest, Ralph Booth No Turn Centers
* OR *
RUF aluminium pedals, B&M short shift, K&N air filter, Bailey DVs, Painted bumperettes and lower rear bumper, Silver vision bulbs front and rear, blue vision side markers, PIAA fogs, Autobahnd Roadblock paint protection, tinted windows, Das Schild hood liner, HRE 542R 19" wheels, Brembo 8-piston 15" fronts and 4-piston 14" rears, Bilstein PSS-9 adjustable coilovers, H&R swaybars front and rear, Techart floor mats
* OR *
Carrera Rear Spoiler, Flared Rocker Pannels, PCM, Full Leather, Natural Leather, Advanced Technic Package, Design Package, Comfort Pakage, Porsche Convertible Child Seat with Airbag Deactivator, Xpel Paint Protection, Passport SRX, Smoke Side Markers, B&M Shortshifter, RUF Aluminum Pedals, Fabspeed Exhaust, Fabspeed Headers, ROW M030 Suspension
* OR *
GIAC ECU upgrade, cargraphic exhaust medium, Bailey DVs, RUF aluminum pedals, painted bumper pads, leather roll bar, chrome grill inserts, bumper plugs, K&N, silver emblem steering wheel, silver hood emblem

God, let me stop. I know most of you have commented on the "gold chain" set, but am I exagerating here? Heck, I was hoping to own a Boxster S, or maybe even a 993, sometime in my life, but will I have to resort to THIS kind of wallet-waving? Feel free to comment, PLEASE!
Brad Roberts
The penis jokes are not really jokes at all.

It comes down to who has the biggest dick.

Each one trying to outdo the other.

Rob Ways... you getting any of this ?? (Business idea he had)

B
Joe Bob
When and IF I ever sell my 911....I will list the crap I took OFF.....
rick 918-S
Huh? confused24.gif Are you referring to the other "P" car guy's. I never spent any time on their BBS checkin out their BS. I'll have to get a chuckle. I think?
Eric Taylor
Oh man if you think this is bad check out the audiworld forums. Crap like a K&N air filter's being the biggest mod, and topic's that consist of - "what body kit?" or my favorite " Would these rim's look good on my car?". Man it sure is sad. The Audi bread is an intersting mix. Mainly people who think they got more car then a leather equipped VW and like to flash it with Audi Key Chains and crap. Don't get me wrong a fair amount of the audi's are very nice, like the allroad and the S4, but the 1.8T A4 is just a flashy Jetta. (End Rant)
Eric
airsix
I don't care what's in somebody's signature as long as they keep it to 3 lines or less. My peeve is the 18 line sig full of poems and clip-art etc etc. If you want an epetaph (sp?) build a freaking website and then just put a link to it in your sigature. Anyone who gives a &*%$ will follow the link.
-Ben M.
tryan
all my shit is bone stock, but to each their own. what ever gives YOU a woodie.

no trinkets or jewels, my shoes stink like the wind and i wear my bald head like a crown.
my t shirt is the same color as my shorts today. damn, i am a geek.
ninefourteener
Read MY SIGNATURE........ that says it all beerchug.gif
seanery
I don't get confused24.gif
Am I missing something here?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.