Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Purchase advice, *gulp!*
VaccaRabite
post Sep 23 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Okay, I live in PA. I am looking for a 914. Body in good shape, engine I don't care much about as I intend on rebuilding it with one of the MassIVe kits in it.

I found a car, located only 10 miles or so from me. It is supposd to be in very good shape. I have not gone to see it yet, but have been assured that there is no rust in the longs, battery tray, around the windows and doors, or any of the other places that the car usually gets rot. Its also got fresh paint, tires, rear shocks, vg interior and a running engine (with deltoro carbs). The guy wants 6500 for the car, and in the pics, its a very nice looking car.

Assuming the car is as cherry as he says it is, is it worth the price.

I had been intending to find a cheaper car (3K or 4K) and modify it. Fenders, new paint, stiffer body, more or less resto on a frame that was already in very good shape rust wise. I suppose I could do it on this car, but it seems a waste on a car that is already well sorted. I know that in the long run this is the more expensive option. But int he short run, I don't have to go into debt at all to get started.

But to find most cars with good frames and bodies means buying from SoCal, or some other place 3000+ miles away from me, where I would need to ship it cross country... I don't know how expensive cross country shipping is, but I would imagine it is at ~ $2000. Can anyone give me clues on cross country shipping?

So, my delemma is this. Do I buy a well kept local car for more money, or go cheaper and pay to ship and restore.

I look forward to your responces, and hope to be joining the ranks as an owner soon.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 08:55 AM