Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alt light on, Alt light on when lights on
rudedog7
post Oct 13 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 504

Help me! This just started happening, when my headlamps are turned on the red alt light stays on. When I hit the brakes the light gets brighter. When I hit the left turn signal the signal beats very rapid, the right side it fine. Then some times the turn signals just don't come on at all. This started after I had a fuse blow on the fuse block. Any one got any clues? 1973 914-4 1.7L
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Oct 13 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #2

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

I would check the what....#7 fuse? Make sure they are ALL corrosion free....and seated very well inside thier little holders.

funny thing, if you unplug the #7 (or is it #8) fuse, the alternator light will come on and will not go off...so maybe it's a corrosion issue there....

also, check your grounds. I believe one grounding point is somewhere near the fuse panel, but there's also one in the engine compartment, on the firewall near the alternator.

b
+Quote Post
Allan
post Oct 13 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (bd1308 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:49 PM)
I would check the what....#7 fuse? Make sure they are ALL corrosion free....and seated very well inside thier little holders.

funny thing, if you unplug the #7 (or is it #8) fuse, the alternator light will come on and will not go off...so maybe it's a corrosion issue there....

also, check your grounds. I believe one grounding point is somewhere near the fuse panel, but there's also one in the engine compartment, on the firewall near the alternator.

b

#8 fuse...
+Quote Post
rudedog7
post Oct 14 2005, 10:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 504

Thanks for the advice, I'll check for good connections and clean the contacts.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:43 AM