Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alt light on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rudedog7
Help me! This just started happening, when my headlamps are turned on the red alt light stays on. When I hit the brakes the light gets brighter. When I hit the left turn signal the signal beats very rapid, the right side it fine. Then some times the turn signals just don't come on at all. This started after I had a fuse blow on the fuse block. Any one got any clues? 1973 914-4 1.7L
bd1308
I would check the what....#7 fuse? Make sure they are ALL corrosion free....and seated very well inside thier little holders.

funny thing, if you unplug the #7 (or is it #8) fuse, the alternator light will come on and will not go off...so maybe it's a corrosion issue there....

also, check your grounds. I believe one grounding point is somewhere near the fuse panel, but there's also one in the engine compartment, on the firewall near the alternator.

b
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Oct 13 2005, 12:49 PM)
I would check the what....#7 fuse? Make sure they are ALL corrosion free....and seated very well inside thier little holders.

funny thing, if you unplug the #7 (or is it #8) fuse, the alternator light will come on and will not go off...so maybe it's a corrosion issue there....

also, check your grounds. I believe one grounding point is somewhere near the fuse panel, but there's also one in the engine compartment, on the firewall near the alternator.

b

#8 fuse...
rudedog7
Thanks for the advice, I'll check for good connections and clean the contacts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.