Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Salvaging PO starter relay
Tobra
post Oct 13 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,634

The car has a relay in it that was installed by a shop here in Sacto(Frank's, down on Folsom Blvd) There is a toggle switch driver's side in the engine bay, a relay near the starter, and a large Red wire and small Black w/red stripe wire loose and not attached. I am trying to figure this out, rather than get a new starter or relay. (Has hot start problem now)

With a setup like this, would one expect the toggle switch to be used with the key on, car in neutral to engage the starter? This is really the only thing that makes sense to me.

I am going to get a test lamp and see if there is power to the loose wires all the time, or only when the key is on, or only when key on and switch flipped.

Is anyone familiar with a starter relay that uses a toggle switch? Am I totally going down a wrong road, or does my plan sound reasonable?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 11:01 AM