Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eastwood Vibratory Tumbler, My New Toy - Trial Run
McMark
post Mar 4 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

The tumbler certainly doesn't compare to bead blasting. Basically, it didn't impress me much and it sits idle most of the time. If anyone wants to buy it and give it a shot, let me know.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jgara962
post Mar 4 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #22

Yo, this is how I roll

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 4 2009, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(jgara962 @ Mar 4 2009, 08:59 AM) *

Do you think we could jam my muffler in there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

that could be fun to watch LOL....

why not just bead blast?

That is a whole separate thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
burton73
post Mar 4 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #23

burton73

Member No.: 7,414
Region Association: Southern California

Vibratory finishing is a whole industry in itself. Is great to clean spent brass when reloading ammo. I went to a place that made the small plastic parts that go in there. They have different Silicone Carbide grit in the plastic and as the media vibrates it cuts into the metal.

A solution of some kind is much faster. Remember Navel Jelly. I saw a UTube Video on Citric Acid on rust removal. Small bolts are a pain in the ass to holds in the blast cabinet. Bruce has worked something out for replaying screws and small parts that makes it somewhat easer.

Bob
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 5 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #24

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 4 2009, 08:50 PM) *

Vibratory finishing is a whole industry in itself. Is great to clean spent brass when reloading ammo. I went to a place that made the small plastic parts that go in there. They have different Silicone Carbide grit in the plastic and as the media vibrates it cuts into the metal.

A solution of some kind is much faster. Remember Navel Jelly. I saw a UTube Video on Citric Acid on rust removal. Small bolts are a pain in the ass to holds in the blast cabinet. Bruce has worked something out for replaying screws and small parts that makes it somewhat easer.

Bob

Bob,
I might be misunderstanding you... Are you saying or suggesting putting navel jelly or some other solution in the vibratory tumbler? Or saying the solutions work better? I love these drugs... I feel so foggy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Mar 5 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946

My HF one does take forever, but it's nice to just chuck a bunch of nuts, bolts, and washers in there and forget about them...

I only used the dry media (green pyramids). I don't think these units are designed for a wet media, but maybe that's just mine.
+Quote Post
burton73
post Mar 5 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #26

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 5 2009, 08:01 AM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 4 2009, 08:50 PM) *

Bob

Bob,
I might be misunderstanding you... Are you saying or suggesting putting navel jelly or some other solution in the vibratory tumbler? Or saying the solutions work better? I love these drugs... I feel so foggy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Sorry, No liquid in the vibratory tumbler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdMdiJlV7c

Well maybe it will work with Citric Acid and your media. My wife is sitting next to me hating the music on You Tube.

Bob
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 03:56 AM