Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical Question, This one's got me baffled
dbledsoe
post Oct 16 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Mutineer

Group: Members
Member No.: 687

Did a Buick V6 conversion with MSD distributor and 6200 ignition box. Wired the black wire that fed the original Bosch coil to the input of the MSD box per MSD instructions. Every thing worked fine. Today I had to drop the transaxle to get to the throw out arm to put a bend in it to get more clutch peddle travel. Everything went smooth and its all back together. Runs great. Only one problem, when I turn the ignition off the engine keeps running. Everything else shuts off, fuel pump, gauges, etc. but the engine keeps running until I unplug the black input wire to the MSD box. While the ignition is off and the engine keeps running the alternator light comes on.

When I dropped the transaxle I disconnected the battery positive cable from the battery, removed the three wires to the starter main terminal, the yellow wire from the solenoid, and the two back up light wires from the trans. No other wires were touched, and it all went back together the exact same way.

I put in a new ignition switch during the conversion about two months ago.

Any thoughts? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 09:15 PM