Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Euro Header Collector, to weld or not to weld?
jhadler
post Oct 17 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Long term tinkerer...

Group: Members
Member No.: 529

Hey all,

My other question... I ahve a European Header that I've been long planning on putting back into the car. It looks like the collector is designed to just bolt up to two of the primaries, and that's it. Is it better to weld the collector to the primaries? Or just clamp it? Welded would prevent any axhaust leaks, but welding would also make it more rigid, and may stress something under thermal expansion. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Reason being is that I'd like to try using a different collector. I'd like to try the Flowmaster scavenger collector, effectively getting me an additional 18" of secondary and making the system a 4-2-1 instead of a 4-1. The class I run in doesn't allow internal engine mods, so I need to go with the strong suit of the engine, and that's mid-range torque.

Thanks again!

-Josh2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jhadler   Euro Header Collector   Oct 17 2005, 02:18 PM
Racer Chris   I strongly recommend against welding the primaries...   Oct 17 2005, 04:24 PM
jhadler   Thanks for the info Chris! Yeah, I do so wan...   Oct 17 2005, 04:40 PM
jhadler   So Chris, Is it the issue with thermal expansion ...   Oct 17 2005, 04:53 PM
Racer Chris   <...   Oct 17 2005, 08:08 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:33 PM