Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bumble Bee Racer (aka das Boot) Almost, Ready for the Dance
SirAndy
post Nov 2 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #81

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (bowlsby @ Nov 2 2005, 09:49 PM)
I vote to keep the 'plow front...with Nicks clever flowing stripe integration, its just radical enough to say "I am a race car" and just refined enough to nod to the cars heritage...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BEE DRIVEN
post Nov 2 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #82

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,497

QUOTE (bowlsby @ Nov 2 2005, 08:49 PM)
Nick...you have a very keen eye...a very tasteful execution. The proposed layout loses all of the incompleteness of the current paint scheme. Not completely sure of the rear scheme yet, but its getting there.

Jim...I vote to keep the 'plow front...with Nicks clever flowing stripe integration, its just radical enough to say "I am a race car" and just refined enough to nod to the cars heritage...

Thank you Jeff! The rear of the car is a tough one,but Jim maybe the one to pull-off a paint job. This image separates the spoiler stripe even more from the bumper to create other opportunities for graphic break-ups. Jim you should get black vinyl tape in all widths from 1/8 to 2" and tape off your car before going with the paint. When designing cars we do that all the time to work out surfaces. Tape-off the black areas,and add a black vinyl pin stripe,than take photos and see what it will looks like. Low cost,and time .

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BEE DRIVEN
post Nov 2 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 2,497

QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Nov 2 2005, 03:44 PM)
Now, what about the rear? Thinking of painting the top "rubber" area black.  Other ideas?

Well Jim, I will leave you with this last image for tonight. It's a take off from the third one,but with some decals to give it life. I will come up with a few more in the coming days.
Nick.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Nov 3 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #84

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Wow, Nick looks great. The snow plow lives! JIm, Go with the new paint scheme on the front. I like the blended rear stripe into the bumper. Very good looking. Also the custom numbers are way better that the stickies on there now. But, will it make you faster? More yellow=More faster
+Quote Post
maf914
post Nov 3 2005, 07:56 AM
Post #85

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

Nick, Nice work. The addition of the black to top of the front air dam and to the rear bumper rubber really lightens the previous bulky appearance.

Jim, Nice car. I too like the look of the yellow Revolutions. I also like the silver street Revolutions. I have black center RFX's on my car, and I sometimes wish I had gone with the silver instead.
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Nov 3 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #86

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Nick, thank you very much. Please continue as you have time. Your suggestion to use tape to "test" the look will be put to use.

Do you have the ability to create and supply some of the graphics (numbers) you have created? Gary seems to think mine are a bit tacky (I do too after seeing yours)!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 03:44 PM