Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Welder reccomendation?, $500 top end budget
VaccaRabite
post Oct 24 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So, I need to buy a welder. I have not welded, though I have been wanting to learn for some time. At most I want to spend $500 - I'd rather pay as little as possible for a tool to get the job done. I'll be welding sheet metal - the usual 914 stuff. Bits of the front and rear trunk need to be replaced, and once I have the thing, I am sure Iwill find other things that need it too.

Problem is, I don't know a whole lot about welders. I have read a lot on how to weld. I know that MIG welding is probably the way for me to go. But I don't know what to look for in a welder. Sales folk are going to try and sell me more welder then I need - its thier job. So, I'm asking the folks that know.

I probably won't buy one till after the holidays. maybe find sales somewhere... But let me know what to look for.

Thanks

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:19 PM