Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 cable release headlights, pictures?
rhilgers
post Oct 28 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 919

Poor mans GT ish Headlights $125, diagrams follow

GTis headllights $125

I got it down cleaner now. I will post when its all tested out...

-Rich Hilgersom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
project-914
post Dec 4 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 6,571

BUMP

there's no way that any cable lifting headlight mod should cost anywhere north of 300 bucks or 100 for the matter...has anyone built an ace hardware special?
+Quote Post
Rand
post Dec 4 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #23

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

I don't get why these designs all require having to get out and manually close the lights. The pull should be able to pull the lights up, and push them back down with one lever. There are so many examples of this type of design/engineering on other applications. It wouldn't be that hard to adapt. And a DIY could put it together cheap with parts from a bicycle shop and a little fabrication.

I made a remote seatpost clamp for my mountain bike that lets me loosen the seat, sit on it to drop down, and clamp it tight again with one lever on the handle bars. Handy when heading down an extreme steep hill and you need to get the seat out of the way to get your butt down, without getting off the bike to adjust. Then to pop back up, pull the lever to loosen clamp, a spring pops the seat back up to height, push the lever to tighten. This is just an example, but the same principle could be applied. Maybe I should make something.
+Quote Post
JPB
post Dec 4 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #24

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

I've got a kit drawn out but need my car to get it perfect. I plan to have a kit soon and it will allow the lights to go up and down all from the cockpit; I don't think you want to go out in the rain and lower your lights everytime they are up. It has no struts and thus is lighter than the GT kit. Yes, it is to eliminate the electrical stuff of the original setup and thus reducing weight. I would not make a kit unless it surpassed all previous designs, bolts directly to the existing holes of the electric setup, is a complete bolt on no brainer installer, and will be very affordable. Did I mention cheap?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Some things are worth the wait and this is one of them.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:12 AM