Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Giving up or being smart???, going back to "stock" brakes
Mueller
post Nov 9 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Well, I decided to get rid of my Mazda calipers and Wilwood rotors/hats and go back to factory parts for the brakes.....the only variation from stock will be the billet hubs so that I can run 911 vented rotors and calipers (bolt on) and that I'm going to add 911 vented rotors in the back along with Eric Sheas V-caliper kit. (all bolt on as well)

Selling the other stuff for a few reasons:

.....getting conflicting stories on whether or not my car will pass the mandatory* brake and light inspection with totally obvious non-stock brakes..

with the current 12" rotors, I can only run my 17" rims, which means if I get a flat in the front I'm swapping for a 17" tire in the rear and putting spare in the back..(no big deal in the grand scheme of things).....

if I ever want to run a dedicated set of rims and tires, it would be cost prohibitive to have to buy special 16" or 17" rims along with the tires...at least with 15" rims I have a decent choice of economical rims to choose from.

*salvage title

I'm trying to talk Felix into running big brakes on his neo9146 and the hats and rotors would fit fine for his application....I'm recommened a new Wilwood caliper for him...hopefully he bites and take me up on the offer (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:50 AM