Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giving up or being smart???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Well, I decided to get rid of my Mazda calipers and Wilwood rotors/hats and go back to factory parts for the brakes.....the only variation from stock will be the billet hubs so that I can run 911 vented rotors and calipers (bolt on) and that I'm going to add 911 vented rotors in the back along with Eric Sheas V-caliper kit. (all bolt on as well)

Selling the other stuff for a few reasons:

.....getting conflicting stories on whether or not my car will pass the mandatory* brake and light inspection with totally obvious non-stock brakes..

with the current 12" rotors, I can only run my 17" rims, which means if I get a flat in the front I'm swapping for a 17" tire in the rear and putting spare in the back..(no big deal in the grand scheme of things).....

if I ever want to run a dedicated set of rims and tires, it would be cost prohibitive to have to buy special 16" or 17" rims along with the tires...at least with 15" rims I have a decent choice of economical rims to choose from.

*salvage title

I'm trying to talk Felix into running big brakes on his neo9146 and the hats and rotors would fit fine for his application....I'm recommened a new Wilwood caliper for him...hopefully he bites and take me up on the offer smash.gif

McMark
Since everyone should have at least one driver car, I say being smart. Save R&D for a project car. wink.gif
SLITS
Ohhhhh so tempting.............. w00t.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 9 2005, 04:33 PM)
Ohhhhh so tempting.............. w00t.gif

can I tempt you with discounted/split shipping biggrin.gif laugh.gif
neo914-6
yawn.gif
After SEMA I need BIG brakes... laugh.gif

post a pic, I'll consider it...
Mueller
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Nov 9 2005, 04:38 PM)
yawn.gif
After SEMA I need BIG brakes... laugh.gif

post a pic, I'll consider it...

user posted image

currently the rotor is 12.19" X .81 (cost less than $40 each new)
hat was more...but a 1 time purchase compared to rotors

Wilwood has a 13" X 1.25" rotor that will bolt onto the hub, however, it cost's about $150 each

Calipers range from $125 to $300 each....
SLITS
I was looking to possibly add to my collection...Do they say MAZDA?

user posted image
Mueller
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 9 2005, 04:53 PM)
I was looking to possibly add to my collection...Do they say MAZDA?

user posted image

pretty wub.gif

that is one thing to collect....I like it !!!!! clap.gif

more details on what the calipers are from....please...

user posted image

there is a set of cool looking Mazda calipers on eBay right now, they are from a new RX-7 and look more "modern" than mine....
SLITS
BAER...Extremes...6 Piston....TransAM
Rest are various Brembos (flange mount and monoblock).....Aston Martin, BMW, 350Z, Porsche (TURBO, 964, 996..., Mercedes Benz....couldn't find the Ferrari one. There are more,but they wouldn't fit in the image

Some are actually pairs...

It was just a poke.gif for fun....core supplier humor ya know
Brando
hijacked.gif
Has anyone sucessfully done 4-lug rotors that are vented?

Possibly get some vented 5-lug rotors, weld in the center from a 4-lug rotor so you could use the wheel-bearings? Maybe with Eric Shea's kit for the calipers it could be done?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 9 2005, 06:51 PM)
hijacked.gif

Possibly get some vented 5-lug rotors, weld in the center from a 4-lug rotor so you could use the wheel-bearings? Maybe with Eric Shea's kit for the calipers it could be done?

screwy.gif

mueller hubs + sc rotors + 911 M calipers for front

Eric shea "V calipers" in rear with 911 rear vented rotor drilled for 4 lug
fiid
I think it's a smart thing to do. The stock stuff is well decent if well maintained. I would stick with it if I wasn't about to have 250HP.

It's not giving up - you designed a really cool setup - it's just impractical for a couple of reasons. It ought to be on someone's racecar smile.gif

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 9 2005, 02:33 PM)

Selling the other stuff for a few reasons:

.....getting conflicting stories on whether or not my car will pass the mandatory* brake and light inspection with totally obvious non-stock brakes..

Inspection for a salvage title? They do it on the initial registration, and never again. I can ask the B&L guy next door what the rules are. Remind me tomorrow after 9AM. The Cap'n
bernbomb914
muellers hubs, ATE vented rotors, volvo calipers
bernbomb914
zxc
Mueller
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 9 2005, 06:51 PM)
hijacked.gif

no welding or cutting..use the billet hubs in "the store", install /4 wheel bearings, bolt on factory 911 vented rotors, bolt on factory 911 M calipers and there you go smile.gif

Bernies is the 1st one with Volvo calipers unless John Rogers has them on his race car as well....

Trekkor
I have this *great* idea for improved cooling, too. w00t.gif

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 9 2005, 03:33 PM)
the only variation from stock will be the billet hubs so that I can run 911 vented rotors and calipers (bolt on) and that I'm going to add 911 vented rotors in the back along with Eric Sheas V-caliper kit. (all bolt on as well)

yeah, that sounds very *stock* to me ...

wacko.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.