Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Koni question., Measurement needed.
Dave Cawdrey
post Aug 15 2003, 09:22 PM
Post #1

Dumbo going poop, Daddy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the Reds (rear) ?? I am wondering if these coil-overs will work on my Reds.

Coil-overs

(IMG:http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads2/914CoilSprings1060976037.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Aug 15 2003, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

the springs I have for my reds are 2.5" inside diameter, same as those.
+Quote Post
Chuckster
post Aug 15 2003, 10:10 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 901

Hey korijo,

You may want to consider moving up to Koni yellows. That is a lot of spring for reds. Not sure of the length of the springs but you dont want anything over 10in (she said). I am using 10in #200 on my car. That spring rate will beat you on the street.

Good luck,

Chuckster
+Quote Post
Dave Cawdrey
post Aug 15 2003, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Dumbo going poop, Daddy :)

Member No.: 182

That is a lot of spring for reds.

I would consider a softer spring. 200# max. I am most interested in the threaded collars.

I am thinking of yellows, but my reds only have 10K on them.

Just thinking ahead for when the Tarret bar is on full stiff, Reds are full stiff, and 160# are worn out... SLOPPY !!

AND... Chris just got some, so ya know I gotta (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
tryan
post Aug 16 2003, 09:29 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 184

you really don't use electrical conduit lock nuts on the collars?
+Quote Post
maf914
post Aug 16 2003, 10:36 AM
Post #6

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

Okay, I have what is probably a dumb question about the threaded spring perches. After you set the height by turning the perch on the collar, do you lock them into place with set screws? And if so, what keeps the srews from damaging the threaded collars? Are the conduit locknuts for backup?

Mike
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 16 2003, 01:06 PM
Post #7

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

The collars have set screws. They dont damage the threads and you dont need a secondary collar to help.

I dont think the reds will work with this setup. With the threaded area sitting on the red perch.. and the adjuster all the way down... the car will still sit "4 wheel drive". The yellows (which these would slide right onto) have the adjustable clip on the body placed much lower than the stock welded red perch. Make sense ?? You would probably have to run a 8 inch rear spring on the red shock.

B
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Aug 16 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #8

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

My threaded perches have a rubber plug that goes in a hole and then you thighten a screw down to lock the collar onto the shock
+Quote Post
Mike T
post Aug 21 2003, 08:58 PM
Post #9

can't 'member

Member No.: 161

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 16 2003, 11:06 AM)
I dont think the reds will work with this setup. With the threaded area sitting on the red perch.. and the adjuster all the way down... the car will still sit "4 wheel drive". The yellows (which these would slide right onto) have the adjustable clip on the body placed much lower than the stock welded red perch. Make sense ?? You would probably have to run a 8 inch rear spring on the red shock.

B

Crap. When I asked here for help a few months ago no-one mentioned this. I have the same sleeves looks like. I have Red Konis too. Whether they are "Koni Reds" I don't know. The shock body is 1.970" diameter, they adjust with a knob at the top of the shaft and have part# 1057 on the bottom of the body. The sleeves I bought from Coleman are 2.040" and rattle around on the shocks like socks on a rooster. It was their smallest daimeter sleeve. No way I'll be able to adjust the spring height without the sleeves turning on the shock. As far as getting parts from Jason at Paragon products, I've called 6 times in the last 2 mos. and he's never available and the other "tech guys" are helpless... What with one thing and another my racing season is over and I never set a tread on track.

I hope you have better luck.

Mike T
+Quote Post
Slowpoke
post Aug 21 2003, 11:08 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 768

Which Koni reds? I have two sets of them. The internally adjustable ones are little larger in diameter then the new external adjustable ones for the rear. Unless I got something not for the 914 on one of the cars.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 10:38 AM