Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the Reds (rear) ?? I am wondering if these coil-overs will work on my Reds.

Coil-overs

IPB Image
vortrex
the springs I have for my reds are 2.5" inside diameter, same as those.
Chuckster
Hey korijo,

You may want to consider moving up to Koni yellows. That is a lot of spring for reds. Not sure of the length of the springs but you dont want anything over 10in (she said). I am using 10in #200 on my car. That spring rate will beat you on the street.

Good luck,

Chuckster
Dave Cawdrey
That is a lot of spring for reds.

I would consider a softer spring. 200# max. I am most interested in the threaded collars.

I am thinking of yellows, but my reds only have 10K on them.

Just thinking ahead for when the Tarret bar is on full stiff, Reds are full stiff, and 160# are worn out... SLOPPY !!

AND... Chris just got some, so ya know I gotta smile.gif
tryan
you really don't use electrical conduit lock nuts on the collars?
maf914
Okay, I have what is probably a dumb question about the threaded spring perches. After you set the height by turning the perch on the collar, do you lock them into place with set screws? And if so, what keeps the srews from damaging the threaded collars? Are the conduit locknuts for backup?

Mike
Brad Roberts
The collars have set screws. They dont damage the threads and you dont need a secondary collar to help.

I dont think the reds will work with this setup. With the threaded area sitting on the red perch.. and the adjuster all the way down... the car will still sit "4 wheel drive". The yellows (which these would slide right onto) have the adjustable clip on the body placed much lower than the stock welded red perch. Make sense ?? You would probably have to run a 8 inch rear spring on the red shock.

B
ChrisReale
My threaded perches have a rubber plug that goes in a hole and then you thighten a screw down to lock the collar onto the shock
Mike T
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 16 2003, 11:06 AM)
I dont think the reds will work with this setup. With the threaded area sitting on the red perch.. and the adjuster all the way down... the car will still sit "4 wheel drive". The yellows (which these would slide right onto) have the adjustable clip on the body placed much lower than the stock welded red perch. Make sense ?? You would probably have to run a 8 inch rear spring on the red shock.

B

Crap. When I asked here for help a few months ago no-one mentioned this. I have the same sleeves looks like. I have Red Konis too. Whether they are "Koni Reds" I don't know. The shock body is 1.970" diameter, they adjust with a knob at the top of the shaft and have part# 1057 on the bottom of the body. The sleeves I bought from Coleman are 2.040" and rattle around on the shocks like socks on a rooster. It was their smallest daimeter sleeve. No way I'll be able to adjust the spring height without the sleeves turning on the shock. As far as getting parts from Jason at Paragon products, I've called 6 times in the last 2 mos. and he's never available and the other "tech guys" are helpless... What with one thing and another my racing season is over and I never set a tread on track.

I hope you have better luck.

Mike T
Slowpoke
Which Koni reds? I have two sets of them. The internally adjustable ones are little larger in diameter then the new external adjustable ones for the rear. Unless I got something not for the 914 on one of the cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.