Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seal Question
Poor-sche Lover
post Dec 4 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,190

How do they balance that damn beachball on their nose?

. . . . sorry. . . .

Anyway, I'm planning on buying an engine gasket set for my 2.0. In doing a search, I have heard that I have to buy the Viton seals separately. I am trying to figure out what's included in the seat. I am (probably) going to buy the set from Pelican, but I'm open to suggestions. It says that it does not include the flywheel, pulley, or lower windage seals. I'm really getting confused with all the different names. I know some of them, but can somebody explain/show where the flywheel seal, pulley seal, lower windage seal, rear main seal, front main seal, mainshaft seal, crankshaft seal are. I'm sure some of these are different names for the same seal, but, what can I say, I'm an idiot. Forgive my ignorance.

On a related, but different note, does anybody have a picture of the oil galley plugs behind the flywheel? I don't remember seeing them when I took out my flywheel last time. I hope they're not gone. No wonder I have an oil leak!

Thanks all.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Poor-sche Lover   Seal Question   Dec 4 2005, 05:50 PM
Bleyseng   The seal kits don't supply the front and rear ...   Dec 4 2005, 06:05 PM
Poor-sche Lover   Le bump   Dec 5 2005, 11:54 AM
jhadler  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:41 AM