Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 floor pan rust repair, big hole under the passenger seat!
Poze
post Dec 12 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,267

Hello all

this is my first post on the site, and the site looks really good! Really impressed by it all and so glad i've found something like this!

I've brought my first Porsche, its a 914 1971 model 1.7L.
Its had a lot of work done on it in the past, but has been sat since 2001 in a garage as the new owner found badly repaired metal and seriously rusty floor pan. I dont know how this wasn't repaired years ago!! its that bad.

Theres a hole under the passenger seat, its also rotted the sides of the inner sills, and the bulkhead, as well as various other holes such as under the front headlights and battery tray.... to name a bit.

Is it possible to repair the floorpan half and then fabricate new metal etc around it?.. where the best place/panels to buy as well (UK based - but any recomends appreciated). Or am i on 2 a lost cause, and a rookie error purchase... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

I'll get some pics to add on.

Cheers
poze
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Poze   914 floor pan rust repair   Dec 12 2005, 12:07 PM
Vacca Rabite   All this stuff can be repaired, and is one of the ...   Dec 12 2005, 12:11 PM
r_towle   look up restoration design. they sell alot of shee...   Dec 12 2005, 12:14 PM
SirAndy   <...   Dec 12 2005, 12:50 PM
ChrisNPDrider   I too am going through the same issue - but on the...   Dec 12 2005, 02:57 PM
xitspd   http://www.914world.com/bbs2/...   Dec 12 2005, 05:35 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 08:50 AM