Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Cayenne Autocross, This could be interesting
Part Pricer
post Feb 12 2003, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

This is a little OT but ...

I was at the PCA chapter meeting last evening at one of the local Porsche dealers. The dealer made an announcement that he has arranged for an Autocross event for the beginning of April. The twist is that PCNA is loaning him three (3) Cayennes for the day.

This could be a lot of fun. It's always nice to AX a vehicle that you don't have to worry about breaking.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
Brad Roberts
post Feb 12 2003, 11:06 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

They hold those here all the time.. that is how Mueller gets his "seat time". Nothing is off topic on this BBS. If your cat coughed up a fur ball.. I want to see it and hear about it...ha ha.

B
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Feb 12 2003, 12:25 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Yep.....I'm a sucker for all of those free "test-drives"

Not only do you get a free gift and food, but driving someone elses car to beat on is always fun.....

I've auto-x'd the BMW X-5 and it was a blast.....I've also done the latest 3 series from BMW and all of the newest Volvos...

I did one for GM as well.....I must have gotten 50 laps since no one wanted to drive the "regular" family cars like the Bonnivile or whatever thier large ugly 4 door cars are...I had more fun than anyone else there (how do I know?? they took away my badge and I got a standing ovation on my last lap for taking out too many cones)

I'd love to drive the new Cayanne since I sure cannot afford to buy one !!!!

Oh....the PCA is voting whether or not to allow the Cayanne in PCA club Autocross or not...I'm sorta torn since I think it would be a good thing for the club as long as the faster courses did not have to be substantially changed to "protect" the vehicle from crazy drivers........
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Feb 12 2003, 12:50 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 71
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 12 2003, 10:25 AM)
<SNIP>
Oh....the PCA is voting whether or not to allow the Cayanne in PCA club Autocross...
<SNIP>
....to be substantially changed to "protect" the vehicle from crazy drivers........

Hey, think of it as evolution in action when a Paprika gets rolly pollied or whatever. You know natural selection. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Feb 12 2003, 04:38 PM
Post #5

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I'd love to see it--if it weren't for the inevitable lawsuits that would follow.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

--DD
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 02:04 AM