Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cayenne Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
This is a little OT but ...

I was at the PCA chapter meeting last evening at one of the local Porsche dealers. The dealer made an announcement that he has arranged for an Autocross event for the beginning of April. The twist is that PCNA is loaning him three (3) Cayennes for the day.

This could be a lot of fun. It's always nice to AX a vehicle that you don't have to worry about breaking.
Brad Roberts
They hold those here all the time.. that is how Mueller gets his "seat time". Nothing is off topic on this BBS. If your cat coughed up a fur ball.. I want to see it and hear about it...ha ha.

B
Mueller
Yep.....I'm a sucker for all of those free "test-drives"

Not only do you get a free gift and food, but driving someone elses car to beat on is always fun.....

I've auto-x'd the BMW X-5 and it was a blast.....I've also done the latest 3 series from BMW and all of the newest Volvos...

I did one for GM as well.....I must have gotten 50 laps since no one wanted to drive the "regular" family cars like the Bonnivile or whatever thier large ugly 4 door cars are...I had more fun than anyone else there (how do I know?? they took away my badge and I got a standing ovation on my last lap for taking out too many cones)

I'd love to drive the new Cayanne since I sure cannot afford to buy one !!!!

Oh....the PCA is voting whether or not to allow the Cayanne in PCA club Autocross or not...I'm sorta torn since I think it would be a good thing for the club as long as the faster courses did not have to be substantially changed to "protect" the vehicle from crazy drivers........
kdfoust
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 12 2003, 10:25 AM)
<SNIP>
Oh....the PCA is voting whether or not to allow the Cayanne in PCA club Autocross...
<SNIP>
....to be substantially changed to "protect" the vehicle from crazy drivers........

Hey, think of it as evolution in action when a Paprika gets rolly pollied or whatever. You know natural selection. happy11.gif
Dave_Darling
I'd love to see it--if it weren't for the inevitable lawsuits that would follow.... sad.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.