Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT How not to meet your neibours, or GTA - How many points?
GWN7
post Dec 15 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #1

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

We had freezing rain followed by snow yesterday and it has been snowing since this morning..... So I'm driving down my street today, doing about 20-30 kph. About 2 blocks from home and I see a figure walking away from me. He's in the middle of the road, walking in the tracks of the cars/trucks that have made their way down the street. Because of the snow he's all bundled up. Just as I get up to him he hears me coming and steps to the right....right infront of my truck...... I swearve to the right and hammer on the brakes. Which because of the ice and snow causes the truck to swing ass end around. 4 X 4 trucks do not handle like a 914.... The guy is clipped by my side mirror which breaks and is folded flat against the truck. I stop with the truck almost across the street and yank on the door handle, which breaks. Now I can't get out the drivers door. So I climb overthe consol to the passenger side and get out there. To be met by a 70+ yr old Ukrainian guy yelling not very nice things at me in his native tounge. I ask if he's ok and he answers "No, you hit me ", to which I reply "your dam lucky to be alive, you stepped right in front of me". Which cause another round of Ukrainian oaths to be directed my way. I asked him 3X if he needed a ambulance and all he wanted was my drivers licence. We exchange info and he walked away. So I spent the next 3 hrs filling out police reports and talking to my insurance company. Damage to the truck, glass from mirror $24.95 + taxes

Turns out the guy lives 8 doors down the street from me. I have never seen him and wish I had never met him today either.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:27 AM