Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT How not to meet your neibours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
We had freezing rain followed by snow yesterday and it has been snowing since this morning..... So I'm driving down my street today, doing about 20-30 kph. About 2 blocks from home and I see a figure walking away from me. He's in the middle of the road, walking in the tracks of the cars/trucks that have made their way down the street. Because of the snow he's all bundled up. Just as I get up to him he hears me coming and steps to the right....right infront of my truck...... I swearve to the right and hammer on the brakes. Which because of the ice and snow causes the truck to swing ass end around. 4 X 4 trucks do not handle like a 914.... The guy is clipped by my side mirror which breaks and is folded flat against the truck. I stop with the truck almost across the street and yank on the door handle, which breaks. Now I can't get out the drivers door. So I climb overthe consol to the passenger side and get out there. To be met by a 70+ yr old Ukrainian guy yelling not very nice things at me in his native tounge. I ask if he's ok and he answers "No, you hit me ", to which I reply "your dam lucky to be alive, you stepped right in front of me". Which cause another round of Ukrainian oaths to be directed my way. I asked him 3X if he needed a ambulance and all he wanted was my drivers licence. We exchange info and he walked away. So I spent the next 3 hrs filling out police reports and talking to my insurance company. Damage to the truck, glass from mirror $24.95 + taxes

Turns out the guy lives 8 doors down the street from me. I have never seen him and wish I had never met him today either.
messix
deathrace 3000, -50 points for hitting and not killing target.

[sorry bad joke]

Hammy
QUOTE (messix @ Dec 15 2005, 09:40 PM)
deathrace 3000, -50 points for hitting and not killing target.

[sorry bad joke]

I laughed biggrin.gif
Dead Air
That's one for the "Darwin Awards" Can you belive the guy made it to 70?
We got your freezing rain here yesterday. I'm over buying lunch at small shopping center near a job yesterday. Pulling into the parking lot there's a guy walking toward me in the middle of the lane. He doesn't show any sign of turning left or right. I stop and put up my hands like confused24.gif And he gives me a dirty look. So' I'm like, "get the fuck outta the road" waving him away. He takes another six steps before taking a 90 degree turn toward his car. So I drive by giving him a "stupid moron" look.
I go to the same store to grab a six after work, and there's another guy doing the exact same thing in the same spot! I laid on the horn for about ten seconds and this one jumped outta the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.