Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel supply Hose ID, I think I'm starving it for gas
Joe Ricard
post Dec 19 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #1

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

So I have some confidence in my carb tuning and hotrodding ability. She's pretty frigging fast now.
So here is what my sypmtom is. Runs great on the idle jets and will pull to 6 grand on the mains. I can hold it wide open to 120 MPH But not long a few seconds or so. tends to lean out by glancing at the gauge.

Engine just flat shits and gits on the Autocross course.

when I let off and get back to normal cruising the carbs will spit on the idle jets until what seems like the bowls fill back up then runs fine and will cruise 85-90 all day long @ indicated 13.5 to 12 to 1 air fuel. (narrow band)

Running a CB rotary pump 3-5 PSI through 5/16 fuel line. all filters are new Pressure regulator 3 psi. 40IDF's

I am not wanting to but may have to go bigger on the gas supply to this hopped up 2.0l .500 lift 300 duration cam ported head with stock size valves.

AND my Tangerine header will be on the door step any day now.

Does this make sense or am I just makng excuses for a big Holley pump and 3/8 fuel line.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:07 AM