Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pops out of 1st and 3rd
goberserk
post Dec 28 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,193

My tailshifter is popping our of 1st and 3rd. I can select them, but when I go to take the clutch out it grinds a little and pops into neutral. I just replaced all of the shifter bushings. It was doing it a bit last night, so I shortened the shifter bar via the linkage right in front of the firewall, down the access cover in the tunnel. That seemed to make it worse. I was able to get all the gears before I took it apart, it was vague, but it worked. I'm gonna go try making it longer (although I don't expect that to work) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
goberserk   Pops out of 1st and 3rd   Dec 28 2005, 05:21 PM
Cap'n Krusty   Before you waste your time, check the plastic ball...   Dec 28 2005, 05:34 PM
goberserk   We fixed it. First we disconnected the rear sifter...   Dec 28 2005, 06:36 PM
lapuwali   You'll still find that checking and probably r...   Dec 28 2005, 07:04 PM
Brad Roberts     Dec 28 2005, 07:20 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:42 PM