Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Won't start ; No fuel at injectors.
cary
post Dec 30 2005, 09:38 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,608
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I R & R'd the engine for a tune up, some repairs and a new exhuast. But now it won't run. It starts and runs about 15 seconds. Touch the throttle and it dies.

I have all the info in the world. Factory, Haynes and Brad's D-Jet info. I've double checked everything.

1. Pulled valve covers and made sure the I didn't do a 180 on the dizzy. Double checked the adjustment.
2. Pulled the spark plugs and double checked the gap.
3. Checked both the LT and HT on the coil. Everything measured fine.
4. Reset the points and measured the dwell, its 45.
5. Set the timing the best I could without being able to get to 3500 rpms. Its TDC at idle.
6. Now on to fuel. I pulled the hose going into the fuel pressure regular. I had a good stream of fuel.
7. Next I mount the fuel gauge on the rail. 29 lbs.
8. Then I pull the dizzy to inspect the trigger points. I get an open / close signal on both sides.

So I reluctantly move on to the injectors. It seems they always weep for a bit after I take them out. So I hate doing this. I see flames. I go after the easiest one #1. Guess what, ZERO spray.
Next I do the ignition on clicking test to see if I'm getting a signal to the injectors. I bump the engine around with the starter. I only get clicking on 2 and 4. Both at seperate places in the dizzy rotation. Nothing on 1 and 3.

Which ones are supposed to click at the same time ?

So I think I'm down to the wires and connectors ? How do I go about testing from here ?

Thats after I check the harness for an obvious broken wire or connector.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 06:59 PM