Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moved the car, now I get to start working on it!
Mike Pearson
post Aug 24 2003, 11:34 PM
Post #1

I *am * in shape; ROUND is a shape!

Group: Members
Member No.: 876

Thanks for all the hints and tips on turning the car 90 degrees without an engine and on a hill. We got it pulled around this morning.

We used a single 2-1/2 ton floor jack, 2 chunks of plywood (only about 18" wide, one about 6 feet and the other about4 feet), a come-along, and 100' of new rope. Wrapped rope around tree and through one of the front tow points, hooked up come-along and we were able to get it turned about 45 degrees, but still needed to come over a concrete 'step' to get it into position. We wound up dricing a 4' pipe into the ground at the corner of the house and moving the rope from the tree to the pipe. Once we got it real close to where I wanted it we got everyone together and we picked up the rear end and rotated the car about one more foot. Not too bad...only a little over an hour from start to finish.

Now it's in a place where I can actually work on it. Next step is to get the shop area cleared out, get a new workbench in there, and then pull the engine and see how much damage the water in the cylinders did.

The right side does have a lot of sag, so I know that I'll be replacing the longitudinal and rockers. I'll see what other structural stuff needs to be done as I go along.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 25 2003, 12:54 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Pics.. Mike.. Pics ..

Just because it is sagging on that side.. doesnt mean it needs a frame rail.

B
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 08:19 AM