Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moved the car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Pearson
Thanks for all the hints and tips on turning the car 90 degrees without an engine and on a hill. We got it pulled around this morning.

We used a single 2-1/2 ton floor jack, 2 chunks of plywood (only about 18" wide, one about 6 feet and the other about4 feet), a come-along, and 100' of new rope. Wrapped rope around tree and through one of the front tow points, hooked up come-along and we were able to get it turned about 45 degrees, but still needed to come over a concrete 'step' to get it into position. We wound up dricing a 4' pipe into the ground at the corner of the house and moving the rope from the tree to the pipe. Once we got it real close to where I wanted it we got everyone together and we picked up the rear end and rotated the car about one more foot. Not too bad...only a little over an hour from start to finish.

Now it's in a place where I can actually work on it. Next step is to get the shop area cleared out, get a new workbench in there, and then pull the engine and see how much damage the water in the cylinders did.

The right side does have a lot of sag, so I know that I'll be replacing the longitudinal and rockers. I'll see what other structural stuff needs to be done as I go along.
Brad Roberts
Pics.. Mike.. Pics ..

Just because it is sagging on that side.. doesnt mean it needs a frame rail.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.