Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Configuration -- Hi HP motor, based on 3.0 liter -6 case
nine14cats
post Jan 2 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

From previous threads and personal experience I now have a better understanding of the following:

2.7 High Compression track motor with 40 IDA Webers (inside our first 914-6)

3.2 Stock DME transplant (from previous thread here at 914Club)

3.6 993 motor with stock DME (inside Fritz, our current track car)

I would like engine configurations (comp ratio, carb sizes, cams, etc) for a 3.0 liter case motor. I am still looking at what to build for "The Beast". I can run 100+ octane race gas as this is a track only teener. I prefer injection, but carbs maybe the only way to get it on the road cost wise. I currently have a set of Weber 40's on my bench. I want a 200 hour motor if possible.

I am planning on running a 901 box behind any of the above configs except for the 3.6 if I go that route again.

What configurations and what HP can I achieve with a 3.0 case? I am open to bigger jugs..... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)

Thanks for the help!

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:11 AM