Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just Another Trip To Home Depot,, Until: Screeeech, Bang; shortened 914
Kerrys914
post Jan 6 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #41

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif) After looking at the photos I think I see what really is going on here (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

I bet you were trying to roll you fenders using the "bat" method and things got....a little out of hand (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Doesn't it feel better to get that off your chest (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jan 6 2006, 07:37 AM
Post #42

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
pfierb
post Jan 6 2006, 08:06 AM
Post #43

oldest member

From: The sign of good government in Connecticut is to keep raising taxes
Member No.: 4,008

Just got the Feb.issue of Keith Martins Sports Car Market mag. and they list the 914-4 2.0 as a collectible car with a value of $6000 to $9000 and a B investment grade which is quite good.
Good Luck with those insurance people
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Jan 6 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #44

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
jgullock
post Jan 6 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,045

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post Jan 6 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #46

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/hide.gif)
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jan 6 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #47

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Guys,

Thanks for all of the encouraging words and ideas. Where can I get this "Excellence" magazine or book and "old car value" book?

So far I've contacted the insurance company and they will be sending an adjuster out early next week. This will give me some time to prepare some evaluation material like the Excellence mag and other classified want ads for 914s. Also need to organize my receipts.

On Monday I have a guy coming over who speciallizes in 356, 911, and 914 repairs to do a vehicle evaluation and repair estimate. This guy also worked on the car for the PO so he is familiar with the car.

I took a few more pics last night that I'll upload after work today. I noticed that the driver side sail panel has a crease in it at the bottom of the panel. Haven't looked in the engine compartment since I can't open the trunk lid which right now overlaps the engine lid.

Spoke
+Quote Post
Howard
post Jan 6 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #48

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943

Spoke, in hopes of getting some support with value, please provide details of your car. I can look up some local ads to get an idea. Seems like more of these cars come up for sale in SoCal than anywhere else.

71 1.7?
Looks like lots of upgrades. Fuchs etc. 2.0?
suspension?
rebuilds?
interior?
mileage?
rust?

You may want to keep an eye on this auction.
+Quote Post
pfierb
post Jan 6 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #49

oldest member

From: The sign of good government in Connecticut is to keep raising taxes
Member No.: 4,008

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2006, 01:23 PM)
I forgot what month Exellence ran the 914 Value article. Anyone remember? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

November 2005 Excellence has the 914 info.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jan 6 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #50

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031

QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 6 2006, 12:02 PM)
Spoke, in hopes of getting some support with value, please provide details of your car.  I can look up some local ads to get an idea.  Seems like more of these cars come up for sale in SoCal than anywhere else.

71 1.7?  
Looks like lots of upgrades.  Fuchs etc.  2.0?
suspension?
rebuilds?
interior?
mileage?
rust?

You may want to keep an eye on this auction.

1971 914 1.7L Weber progessive carb
original type muffler
85K miles
911 Front torsion bars, A-arms, Aluminum cross member, sway bar
New Ball Joints
New front Shocks
Turbo Tie rods
New Zimmerman crossdrilled front rotors
Rear Sway bar
New Rear Shocks
New Rear Rotors
New 160LB Rear Springs
Fake Fuchs (American Eagle), nicely polished and painted.
195/55/R15 tires (5K miles)
Interior in Good shape; all buttons, knobs, instruments work.
Some small rips on driver seat, no rips on pass seat.
Door interiors near perfect.
Fog Lights

Body: Well it is a NE car, so, Long rust damage repaired, other body rust
holes repaired and entire car painted. Paint is fair to good condition.
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Jan 6 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 366

Plenty of adjusters are pukes, some others may not be. i have not suggested anything illegal. I have had adjusters the day before a court hearing offer to settle on my terms, then they tell me to cancel the court date, and wait for the check and release form in a few weeks! Right, and loose all my rights????(canceling court would have meant no more recourse without something in writting from them) I insisted that I pick up the check before I canceled court. That really ticked them off, but they did it, that evening. Uhm, agents trying to take folks as fools. and they insisted that i should "trust them" after months of getting no where and then the last day ask me to back off on the court and trust them to come thru with nothing in writing.

Agents have told me that when i told them I would take the insured driver to court, they said "No you sue us, not the at fault driver" i had to explain the law to the adjuster, he was dead wrong, and given his line of work should know better, no excuse, he was hoping I would file the lawsuit aginst the wrong party, and find out the mistake too late to change it after the statue of limitations expired, Ah yes that is another nice adjuster "trick"

There is nothing boardereline criminal it what i suggested. Maybe you can be more specific. The car is his until it is transfered, he can pull his radio out as acsessories from my experience are allowed to be removed, however if he does remove then, he will get less money for the car. If he leaves them in he will get more money for the car, and the difference maybe less than the increase in price of buying back the hulk with the radio still in it. i told him to not make it appear the parts are worth a lot to him, i did not ask him to lie, just not give the agent something that can be used aginst him. (which seems ok to you Mr adjuster, as your comments about my boarderline criminal suggestions should be deleted by me, but then you tell me you have a copy anyway. As i said, don't give the insuarance company anything it can use agianst you, cause they will. You Mr adjuster really seem to fit the shoes of the type of adjuster I have warned the accident victum about.

Now I could go on about some illegal things that insurance agents tried on me, but since some of the adjusters post here, I will spare them that disgrace. some agents may be fine and ethical, others are not.

The bottom line it that it is the crash victum verses the company. You want full compensation, and the insurance wants mininal payment made. Things get dicy which classic cars,a nd determining value.

I had agents argue that my 40 year old classic was not worth anything (original owner family) more than $1500. i held out and got about $4000 for it. I have had adjusters insist that i use their low priced repair shops (and it was the others guys insurance doing this) they have told me they wont pay for color matching and all sorts of crap.

maybe you are a good adjuster, but my experinece tells me they are few and far between. i am giving a 914'er advice on protecting his rights so he does not get screwed by bad adjusters, if he has a good one (for him that is, not the company) then he need not worry, but as i said experience is that they are few and far between.

i suggested if he does hurt to see a doctor, again solid advice, there could be a bad injury that will be worse if not treated. and difficult to be compensated for if it goes untreated.

So what does Mr. ethical agent have for advice for a 914'er that got crashed? You want him to accept the first offer? (I have found first offer near always is low ball amount)Would you advise him to not seek a doctor if he is in pain? if so state so, then we will all know what side you are on.

Please correct me if i am wrong, which law is "boarder law criminal "that I am boarderline breaking?

By the way i never suggested you are a "trained thief" so stop trying to place your thoughts in my words.

i wish the owner of the car the best, and hope he gets full compensation.

Maybe you are coming form the point that you have had fraud aginst you,t hat does happen, folks do set up accidents as a scam, i don't think that is the case here. I doubt he made plans with the mazda to stage the crash.

When my 914 was wrecked, I thought I would tough it out the first day, wrong, hurt like hell the next, and did so for a year, until surgury repaired the damage. My 914 looked very much like his after the crash, i figure he might be hurt, and if he is to get it checked out, would you advise aginst that Mr ethical adjuster?

To be fair i did have one non-injury accident where the company paid me a fair amount for the damage without argument at all, I was shocked! It was one of them Farmers companies, state farm , or farmers or someone like that.

AAA has been the worst, and in fact has had plenty of complaints to the State against them for failure to act 'ethically' cause they refuse to pay and drag it out.
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Jan 6 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #52

QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2006, 06:26 AM)
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jan 5 2006, 09:22 PM)
Do NOT ask the adjuster if you can remove parts!

1..  The car is still yours until they total it and transfer takes place.  You can pull your radio and any add on stuff,  However it can help to have that stuff installed when the cart is totalled to up the price, yet they may not count as much whjen you by back the hulk.  But don't remove anything else yet.

2..  By telling the adjuster puke that you want parts now is jumping the gun, and will make the puke think the parts are valuable, hence he will have leverage when dealing with the price of the total car, and the price for you to by back the hulk.  just tell him when he totals it that you want it back cuase you want to try to fix it yourself,  do not mention parts and such, cause then he knows it is valuable.  Just don't mention keeping the car until you get the offer for total price, then tell them you want to buy it back for a few hundered.  They will likely agree so they can get the deal done and the case off the books.

Your job will be to get the highest value possible assigned to your car.  Don't forget expenses you will incure in searching for a new 914 , hell you may have to travel a good distance to find one.  don't forget the sales tax you may have to pay for a replacement car.  You need to itemize it all.  Just paying you the true value of the car is not enough, cause you will have to spend time and money searching for a replacement.

Also remember that your insurance company is NOT your freind, they want to settle for as little as possible.

Old Car Price Guide is a quarterly or so magazine that lists prices for collector cars,usually they have a complete Porsche section with the 914 listed by year and engine type, go buy a current copy (mine are several years old, purchased when my cars were wrecked)  Also make paper copies of ebay sales,a dn other internet sales that help subtatiate the high end price that is in the books.

By the way, you neck/back should hurt with a crash that bad.  Go see a doctor in the morning to get checked out.  insurance should pay expense for pain and suffering as a rule of thumb.  No medical record means you have little chance of the best claim, so if your hurt, don't just tough it out, see a doc if you hurt, have it documented.

Some of us adjuster pukes actually post here.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)

Most pukes will let people pull their expensive stereo gear. I can't possibly pay them what it costs to replace some of that stuff. But you need to stick sometime back in the dash to take the place of the open din. I think everyone can find an old cassette player to fill the hole. Doesn't even matter if it works.

I love guy's like you. It's a job just like anyone else has here. I'm so glad you think I'm a trained thief... Get a life buddy, and quit encouraging people to break the law. That's why they call these car accidents.. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif) If someone is truly injured they should receive personal injury coverage. But your attitude is about personal injury borders criminal. If I were you I'd delete my post.

OOoopps! Too late I captured you in a quote. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

Here is your post for reference, just in case you decide to delete it.

Cheers Puke!
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Jan 6 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #53

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

Do i smell another Alfred?

who the hell are you?

b
+Quote Post
rpmmaxxed
post Jan 6 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 4,140
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jan 6 2006, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2006, 06:26 AM)
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jan 5 2006, 09:22 PM)
Do NOT ask the adjuster if you can remove parts!

1..  The car is still yours until they total it and transfer takes place.  You can pull your radio and any add on stuff,  However it can help to have that stuff installed when the cart is totalled to up the price, yet they may not count as much whjen you by back the hulk.  But don't remove anything else yet.

2..  By telling the adjuster puke that you want parts now is jumping the gun, and will make the puke think the parts are valuable, hence he will have leverage when dealing with the price of the total car, and the price for you to by back the hulk.  just tell him when he totals it that you want it back cuase you want to try to fix it yourself,  do not mention parts and such, cause then he knows it is valuable.  Just don't mention keeping the car until you get the offer for total price, then tell them you want to buy it back for a few hundered.  They will likely agree so they can get the deal done and the case off the books.

Your job will be to get the highest value possible assigned to your car.  Don't forget expenses you will incure in searching for a new 914 , hell you may have to travel a good distance to find one.  don't forget the sales tax you may have to pay for a replacement car.  You need to itemize it all.  Just paying you the true value of the car is not enough, cause you will have to spend time and money searching for a replacement.

Also remember that your insurance company is NOT your freind, they want to settle for as little as possible.

Old Car Price Guide is a quarterly or so magazine that lists prices for collector cars,usually they have a complete Porsche section with the 914 listed by year and engine type, go buy a current copy (mine are several years old, purchased when my cars were wrecked)  Also make paper copies of ebay sales,a dn other internet sales that help subtatiate the high end price that is in the books.

By the way, you neck/back should hurt with a crash that bad.  Go see a doctor in the morning to get checked out.  insurance should pay expense for pain and suffering as a rule of thumb.  No medical record means you have little chance of the best claim, so if your hurt, don't just tough it out, see a doc if you hurt, have it documented.

Some of us adjuster pukes actually post here.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif)

Most pukes will let people pull their expensive stereo gear. I can't possibly pay them what it costs to replace some of that stuff. But you need to stick sometime back in the dash to take the place of the open din. I think everyone can find an old cassette player to fill the hole. Doesn't even matter if it works.

I love guy's like you. It's a job just like anyone else has here. I'm so glad you think I'm a trained thief... Get a life buddy, and quit encouraging people to break the law. That's why they call these car accidents.. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool_shades.gif) If someone is truly injured they should receive personal injury coverage. But your attitude is about personal injury borders criminal. If I were you I'd delete my post.

OOoopps! Too late I captured you in a quote. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

Here is your post for reference, just in case you decide to delete it.

Cheers Puke!

fool... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Jan 6 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #55

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jan 6 2006, 05:46 PM)

who the hell are you?

b

no alfred jokes but wondering the same thing. he does have some pretty angry posts around here (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/screwy.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Jan 6 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #56

you bet I am angry when I try to give good advice to a 914'er and i am called boarderline criminal, and that what i suggested is against the law. Mr. Adjuster never explained what was illegal or boarder line criminal. If he wants to open his mouth and flame my suggestions, so be it, let him stand behind his words and expalin it. I defend that I am correct, and not boarderline illegal.
I want the best for us 914 owners, and hope that this crash victum gets all he has legally coming to him. I am angry at insurance for the crap they have pulled on me, and want to help any 914 owner fight for his/her rights.

lets see some helpful advice from Mr Adjuster instead of claims of illegal or boarderline criminal activity suggested on my part.

If I am wrong, then correct me, but back up claims of boarderline crimminal or illegal with the law. i still can't figure what i suggested is illegal or boarderline crimminal.

please advise on this matter.
+Quote Post
Dead Air
post Jan 6 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 2,042

QUOTE (Dead Air @ Jan 5 2006, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jan 5 2006, 09:24 PM)
A mazda aint a rats nest, it more or a rat or hampster whell, you know the ones that a rat can run on to spin the wheel, aint that what a rotary engine is like?

[QUOTE]
Uhhh.
no

It's more like this. .

R1: 39
R2: 26
Pos. 20
Vel. 2

[QUOTE]
i got it wrong

R1: 70

R2: -47

pos: -17
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jan 6 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #58

retired

Member No.: 313

LOL I was thinking the same thing.. It seems like everyone in the world has wronged a certain somebody

Unless you have agreed value insurance on these old cars, your SOL..without agreed value, its you against the insurance company. With agreed value, you have some leverage.
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Jan 6 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #59

Well Mr. Adjuster, I think your lack of back up to your claim that I was giving boarderline criminal or illegal advice is proof that you don't have any grounds for your claim. I guess I made no sense to you cause you are an adjuster, and hence have an unstoppable urge to give knowingly wrong advice on insurance matters (unless of course your wrong advice is helpful to the insurance company)

We are all smarter now, now that you have been exposed as someone that makes claims about the law that cannot be backed up. You dodged the issue in your reply, and are unworthy of giving any good advice to the poor club member that got smashed.

As I said, good adjusters are few and far between.

Spokes: Don't listen to him, I'm right, my advice is legal, and not boarderline criminal. Once an adjuster always an adjuster I reckon.
+Quote Post
sgomes
post Jan 6 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #60

Electric Member

Member No.: 2,029

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/hijacked.gif)

Hey admins. Is there anyway to turn off the display the posts of a particular person? Kinda like an "ignore" setting. Chat clients have them. Does forum software

We can turn off the display of avatars. We used to be able to turn of the display of "OT" posts. Just wondering if I can read an interesting thread without having to read a particular moron.

:hijacked[off]:
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:42 PM