Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is the Club's opinon of $ worth, of The Beast -- sans engine and trans
DanT
post Jan 6 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #21

Going back to the Dark Side!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif)
Fritz is a hard act to follow. Very nice track car. Even if it is a 911.
Just sell the Beast and be done with it Bill. You will be happier in the long run. Might as well cut your loses now and move on.

If I keep buying parts for my car I am going to have to build another garage to keep it all in since I don't have a car yet to install it on. Soon!!!! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jan 6 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #22

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jan 6 2006, 02:10 PM)
Hi Miles,

You have to drive a GT level prepared car to appreciate it. They sure are fun!

Bill P.

The line starts behind me. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
I finished my POC racers clinic with a borrowed 911 after my car broke. I'd never driven a 911 and had to immediately race wheel to wheel. I couldn't believe how forgiving they are as long as you don't abruptly lift, which is true in most cars. I finished 4th in my race and have much respect for the tail draggers, though I never admit it to their face.
+Quote Post
dmenche914
post Jan 6 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 366

drivable is better for selling (I have had that experience of trying to sell non-runners, it is tough)

maybe you can put a cheapo engine and drive train in it (stock 1.7) and fetch a far better price than with no engine. if it drives, the price should increase a good deal. used 1.7 running motors are maybe in the $400-$800 range, teh increase in the selling price would I think increase more than that amount, and you'll probably sell it faster.

good luck
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Jan 7 2006, 10:11 AM
Post #24

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

If you can find a buyer that knows what it takes to put such a car together, then you'll get alot closer to your investment than most of the guys here (on this club page) would pay. If you can find someone who was going to put together a similar car then you should do better. It all depends on how long you want to wait. If money is all you want then you'd do better to take off all the money parts and sell them separately, as they'll bring more than on the car.

There's a fair percentage of guys who still think you should be able to get a nice clean 2.0 for $2500! AND the economy is still sagging.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 03:48 AM