Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake Bleeding, Left over brake fluid
Nick
post Jan 9 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,250

I have about a pint of brake fluid left over from bleeding brakes this weekend. If anyone in the DC area wants to swing by and use up the rest of the DOT 4 let me know. If there are no takers how do I dispose of this stuff?

Nick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jan 9 2006, 09:32 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 9 2006, 08:29 AM)
I have about a pint of brake fluid left over from bleeding brakes this weekend. If anyone in the DC area wants to swing by and use up the rest of the DOT 4 let me know. If there are no takers how do I dispose of this stuff?

Nick

Legally (at least in CA) you can't until your trash/waste managenment company hold a "hazardous waste" pickup.....
+Quote Post
terrymason
post Jan 9 2006, 09:44 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,174

I live in fairfax county, and I must say we have the best dump I've ever seen. They have a heavy duty recycling program, and can take just about anything. It's down the street from the fair oaks mall (rt 29 / west ox road)

They take batteries, metals, and have a huge motor oil drum for you to pour it in. It's probably 30 - 40 minutes away from DC
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Jan 9 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #4

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

Around here most of the FLAPS have used/waste oil recycling. I take all my used motor oil, brake fluid, etc to my local NAPA. If you don't have one of those, call up your nearest Jiffy Lube (or some place similar) and ask if they'll take it. My Napa takes the stuff for free...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:56 AM