Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Bleeding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nick
I have about a pint of brake fluid left over from bleeding brakes this weekend. If anyone in the DC area wants to swing by and use up the rest of the DOT 4 let me know. If there are no takers how do I dispose of this stuff?

Nick
SLITS
QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 9 2006, 08:29 AM)
I have about a pint of brake fluid left over from bleeding brakes this weekend. If anyone in the DC area wants to swing by and use up the rest of the DOT 4 let me know. If there are no takers how do I dispose of this stuff?

Nick

Legally (at least in CA) you can't until your trash/waste managenment company hold a "hazardous waste" pickup.....
terrymason
I live in fairfax county, and I must say we have the best dump I've ever seen. They have a heavy duty recycling program, and can take just about anything. It's down the street from the fair oaks mall (rt 29 / west ox road)

They take batteries, metals, and have a huge motor oil drum for you to pour it in. It's probably 30 - 40 minutes away from DC
mudfoot76
Around here most of the FLAPS have used/waste oil recycling. I take all my used motor oil, brake fluid, etc to my local NAPA. If you don't have one of those, call up your nearest Jiffy Lube (or some place similar) and ask if they'll take it. My Napa takes the stuff for free...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.