Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mrdezyne's Suby convert thread...., So it begins again
mrdezyne
post Mar 28 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #41

Now on larger rolling jack stands!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,510

Wow, I figured this had been lost during the great forum split of aught-7. Started another progress thread over on the NARP board but I guess I'll continue here also..

Ok, decent progress lately, its amazing what warm weather and a little sunshine will do to your motivation.

Rennsport rebuilt my 901, calipers, installed poly bushings, and new ball joints. All parts are home now waiting to be re-mounted...

914 candy..

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Mar 28 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #42

Look good enough to lick...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Mar 28 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #43

started fitting up the HPH flares for the rear. These are really nice pieces, very happy with this purchase...

Just the right size, the meat will tuck...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Mar 28 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #44

The idea here is to keep the original wheel well molding on the lip of the flare so it matches the front. I think the lip adds a little character to the lines...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Mar 28 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #45

Have to finish welding in the stiffening kit before I get to crazy with the flares just yet. One side is pretty much buttoned down but I haven't got the pics yet. More to come....
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Mar 28 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #46

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

I like those flares, too bad they don't come in metal.
+Quote Post
project-914
post Apr 1 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 6,571

next time I'm in Tulsa I wanna check out the project...I've still got my little subaru project going too...it's slow, but it's going
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Apr 2 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #48

Just give me heads up when you are coming up this way, I'm there working on it almost every weekend now. As far as that goes, anyone in the area that would like to come check it out or lend a hand is always welcome to join me. Its pretty much just me and sometimes my dad working in the shop.

Made a little more progress this weekend, removed the cracked dash, guages, and heater junk. Started removing the tar pad with a heat gun and scraper (heat gun is the only way to go on this part). Welded up a few more rust holes, and thought up a different roll bar idea which I will keep to myself until I have something to show on it... The rust patch photos are pretty boring so I have nothing to show right now...
+Quote Post
Zaney
post Jun 29 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #49

Deuchland en der Haus

Member No.: 1,738
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Resurection BUMP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Any progress pics?
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Jun 30 2008, 06:19 AM
Post #50

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

i just read this thread, and i like the idea of moving the gas tank forward and using the gas tank area as a trunk. i wonder how much a custom tank to fit along the bulkhead would cost. the reason i like this idea is so i could put AC in my car. i also wonder how well the bulkhead could be cut out, remade amd moved forward to make the "trunk" bigger. the tank and radiator would not need the whole front trunk
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jul 28 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #51

neo life

Member No.: 159

What sup Curt? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Nov 18 2011, 10:25 AM
Post #52

Whats up Curt indeed.... well for starters, i DO still have this project believe it or not. and it is still in about the same condition it was in the last photos posted.

What is it now, 2011 almost 2012? So since the last post in 2007 I've... gotten married, moved, had my first kiddo, bought anothter BMW project, became BMWCCA VP for this region, started a Cars and Coffee style meet in Tulsa, swithced jobs, almost finished the BMW project, bought a Zuki Samuai 4x4 project crawler, gave up the BMWCCA VP spot, developed a color guage display used in the new McClaren MP4-12C GT3 race car, moved the 914 from dads shop to storage, and now starting the floor plan for a new house WITH shop so I can get crackilackin back on the 914. So really, I've just been procrasterbating...

Last month we went on our second anual fall drive for Caffeine and Gasoline ( for you facebookers http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Caffi...sa/369311772902 ) and with all the exotics zipping around me I started thinking how fun it would be to have the 914 out here in the middle of it all to see how it stacked up with the subie motor. How frustrating would that be for a Lambo owner to have this irritating little 39 year old 914 right on his azz the whole trip? hehehe, I could almost feel the horns sprouting through my forehead...

So with a lul at the office I have been jumping back into my build research and getting that old excitement back. Plan might be to sell off the BMW to have the instant fundage to dive head first into the 914 again. The Samuai stays because it fills a different driving need!

Pics:
*BMW project in the front, fall drive group last month.
*Lil G in his first car, he's going to be an F1 driver by the way.... he will appreciate the pic with the Pantera one day...
*The zuk in the garage now, getting a motor upgrade and many other goodies, can't leave well enough alone...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
ruby914
post Mar 2 2014, 01:37 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 10,305
Region Association: None

What sup Curt? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

That goes for you too Zaney. Resurection BUMP! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Mar 2 2014, 10:19 AM
Post #54

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Hey Mike, call 'em out on the slackers thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Aug 3 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #55

This is by far the longest and laziest build in the history of 914's. I DO still have this project believe it or not and it is still in storage waiting on free time and room to finish it up.

My Caffeine and Gasoline club is taking up a lot of my time to manage events and meets but has introduced me to a few other 914 owners in the area like Mike Fugate who is working on his 3rd. Here is our FB page with events and photos, this was one of my buddies doing a hill climb at our "Marble City Mayhem" event in June...
https://www.facebook.com/CandGTulsa?ref=hl
Attached Image

The Samurai is almost finished, and since my last post I've added another P car to the garage...
Attached Image

Just this past weekend I did start going through all of my parts stash for the 914 and found I have a lot more finished that I remembered. If I just had the room to get this thing spread out and assembled it could be rolling again under power within 6-9 months.... time and money / money and time... ugh...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 08:33 AM