Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> body tilt kit needed
kevgentile
post Jan 15 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,448

semi-tube frame work in progress, almost time to mount my sheridan wide body kit. i would like to mount the front and rear clips with a tilt kit similar to that found on many of the early prototype race cars. anyone have any good ideas or know where i can go to find a quality body mount tilt kit?
thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
STL914
post Jan 15 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,271
Region Association: Upper MidWest

This may help you a bit. A company called FaberFab makes/made several VW based kit cars that used a tilting device on the rear quarters for access to the engine. One was the Aztec GT, pictured below, another was the Avenger. Here's a link to the FiberFab web site:

http://members.shaw.ca/thefiberfabcars/

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
URY914
post Jan 16 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #3

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I tried to work a tilting front and rear sections into my car but the details were more work than I wanted to to get it to.

To have the front tilt forward the spoiler will hit the ground so the lower section can't be part of the tilting unit.

On the rear I wanted the whole thing to rotate up on the roll bar like a 917. But when you do this the area of the body right in front of the rear wheels blocks access to the engine. You could mount the rear section so it could tilt back and be hinged off the reat tranny tubing somehow. But I don't have anything back there so it would work for me.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:21 PM