Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: body tilt kit needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kevgentile
semi-tube frame work in progress, almost time to mount my sheridan wide body kit. i would like to mount the front and rear clips with a tilt kit similar to that found on many of the early prototype race cars. anyone have any good ideas or know where i can go to find a quality body mount tilt kit?
thanks
STL914
This may help you a bit. A company called FaberFab makes/made several VW based kit cars that used a tilting device on the rear quarters for access to the engine. One was the Aztec GT, pictured below, another was the Avenger. Here's a link to the FiberFab web site:

http://members.shaw.ca/thefiberfabcars/
URY914
I tried to work a tilting front and rear sections into my car but the details were more work than I wanted to to get it to.

To have the front tilt forward the spoiler will hit the ground so the lower section can't be part of the tilting unit.

On the rear I wanted the whole thing to rotate up on the roll bar like a 917. But when you do this the area of the body right in front of the rear wheels blocks access to the engine. You could mount the rear section so it could tilt back and be hinged off the reat tranny tubing somehow. But I don't have anything back there so it would work for me.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.