Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> German Auto Dismantlers, Anyone done business with them?
MoveQik
post Jan 25 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #1

What size wheels can I fit?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

They seem to have engines available most of the time. Has anyone bought from them? Specifically has anyone bought an engine from them? If so, was the engine as represented?

Just trying to do a little homework. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jan 25 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

We buy cores from them from time to time...but I don't trust anyone in Georgia (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jan 25 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

Do a search on Pelican, they don't have the best rep...

Ferg
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jan 25 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457

THEY DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS. YOU ONLY GET CREDIT BACK TO USE WITH THEM!!!!!! There prices are out of line most of the time. I had to use up a $150 credit which just happened to be the same price as 2 911 front hubs that go for $50 for a pair on Ebay. BUYER BEWARE!!!!
+Quote Post
MikeP
post Jan 25 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,268

I bought a trans off them that they took 2 months to ship, got from someone else and lied about the condition of. I'd never do business with them again.
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jan 25 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #6

Ok, thats enough. A local shop here didn't have very good things to say about them but I didn't know if it was an isolated incident. Sounds like it wasn't.

The search continues...
+Quote Post
Wild 6
post Jan 25 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #7

See you at the next autocross.

Member No.: 3,128

Hi Mike,
I bought a 1980 3.0L engine from them and they were very slow to ship. It took me one month to receive the engine. When the engine arrived it was missing parts. So I had to wait another month to get the parts.

When we started the engine, it would only idle and ran poorly at higher RPMs. I called them and no one would help me with their "guarantee." I finally spoke with the owner who said if it idles good, that constitutes "runs good." We finally troubleshot the problem to the fuel injectors being gummed shut. The engine showed signs that it had been sitting for a long, long, long time. Shortly thereafter, the hydraulic chain tensioners failed. This was not a good experience.

I can't prove it, but I think they are selling engines they don't own. When you buy one, they go out and find whatever crap they can and that's your engine. BTW, the auction we won was for a 1981 engine and they shipped us a 1980 engine. I would not receommend doing business with them.

Andy
+Quote Post
John
post Jan 25 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #8

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615

Have you tried Oklahoma Foreign? I have bought a couple engines from them with good luck so far.

Make up a list of items you want and fax it to them so that you make sure everything is included in the deal wherever you buy your stuff from.

just my 0.02
+Quote Post
736conver
post Jan 25 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 736

I had to get the BBB involve with a purchase through them. I returned a part and then didnt refund me. Talked with them on the phone always said the same thing. I email the BBB, they step in and it got taken care of.
They are a good resource to check out if you have questions, about a business.
+Quote Post
shadygrady
post Jan 25 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 4,400
Region Association: South East States

You know how us GA boys are. I have to say they have been good to me. I have bought a lot of parts from them. Of course it helps to live fairly close to them and go over there to pick up your parts. saves a lot on shipping. If you want a good deal, you have to be patient. They always ask higher prices and most of the time out-of-town folks pay their high prices. But every once in a while they'll deal with you.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Jan 25 2006, 10:33 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

www.dartauto.com? Out of Denver, they always seem to advertise 3.0 and 3.2 engines. Stay glued to pelican, some great engines come and go there pretty quickly
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Jan 25 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #12

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287

I bought my 1995 3.6 motor for The Beast from LA Dismantlers a little over one year ago. It had 35K miles on it and cost me $7800 which included shipping to my door on a pallet. I've bought a few things from them and haven't had a problem.

Last month I was quoted $6300 delivered for a 60K mile 1987 3.2 out of a Carrera.

Here's how the 3.6 looked.

Bill P.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Jan 25 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #13

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287

From what I'm seeing, the price of 3.6 993 motors is rising quickly...they are such a nice way to get Horsepower!

Bill P.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 25 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #14

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

I bought my Euro 3.2 from Silver Star Recycling in Northern Cal.
They were very good to work with and I ended up buying the tach and other stuff from them later.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jan 26 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #15

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

I bought a set of 968 mirrors and door handles from those pricks. Took 5 months of 20 different excuses and being cursed at by the "owner" who informed me that he knows more about Porsches than I do, yet no one there could manage to dissasemble the BROKEN mirror that was advertised as good, in order to assemble a good unit. In the end I recieved 2 968 mirrors,(one with a busted housing) 1 993? mirror(good housing but wrong base) and my handles. Oh by the way the final person I spoke with actually told me the truth (one mirror being broken) as to what the delay was. Their version of broken was a DENT in the housing and a cracked glass!! A freeking dent in a plastic housing!!! fiiled it with a little bondo, took glass out of 993 housing and I'm good. IDIOTS (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif)
+Quote Post
GTPatrick
post Jan 26 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 4,768

Are they by any chance related to Automobile Atlanta ??? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bs.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/WTF.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jan 26 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #17

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE (GTPatrick @ Jan 26 2006, 04:30 PM)
Are they by any chance related to Automobile Atlanta ??? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/bs.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/WTF.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif) I've wonderd myself! Might just be the thick air (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif) After all Miles is down there somewhere too........... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
+Quote Post
meares
post Jan 27 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,800

when i say RUN, i can't stress it enough!!!! if they were selling $100 bills for a $.25 i wouldn't buy them!!!!!they will screw you has hard as they possibly can, with impunity!!!! if they were GIVING away new caymans with a sticker, i would walk!!! i can't BEGIN to describe how BAD they are......however if you wish to hear, PM me... to say they take a long time to ship is an understatement....you want a horror story talk to me! if you really want something from them, got to the nearest Home Depot and find someone to beat you with a 2X4 until you're unconscious.....then when you wake up and remember that you want to buy something from them, REPEAT THE PROCESS until they beat some sense into you!!!!!!!!STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Jan 27 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #19

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

QUOTE (meares @ Jan 27 2006, 08:24 AM)
when i say RUN, i can't stress it enough!!!! if they were selling $100 bills for a $.25 i wouldn't buy them!!!!!they will screw you has hard as they possibly can, with impunity!!!! if they were GIVING away new caymans with a sticker, i would walk!!! i can't BEGIN to describe how BAD they are......however if you wish to hear, PM me... to say they take a long time to ship is an understatement....you want a horror story talk to me! if you really want something from them, got to the nearest Home Depot and find someone to beat you with a 2X4 until you're unconscious.....then when you wake up and remember that you want to buy something from them, REPEAT THE PROCESS until they beat some sense into you!!!!!!!!STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note to self:,

My dearest John,

When buying used "P" parts, German Auto Dismantlers is to, perhaps, be avoided.

love,

John (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif)
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Jan 27 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (meares @ Jan 27 2006, 07:24 AM)

I'm going to need you to be a little bit more clear as to what you are tryin to say.

Not to worry. I'm not going to deal with them.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 06:15 AM