Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need a new daily driver, Opinions on Mercedes Kompressor wanted
IanStott
post Jan 27 2006, 08:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,199

My daily driver, a 90 Acura Legend has been an outstanding car, 395,000 KM still drives great but climate control module is a $ 2,100.00 dollar item plus labour and ....... Going to look at a 99 kompressor with only 40,000 km this afternoon, I know the owner. What experiences have any club members had positive or negative.

Thanks

Ian Stott
Moncton
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IanStott
post Jan 27 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,199

I noticed nobody commented on the C 230 kompressor. Did I make a big faux pas by posting that type of question on this site? I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and I value their opinions. Apologize if I have done the wrong thing!

Ian Stott
Moncton
+Quote Post
Rrrockhound
post Jan 27 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,213
Region Association: None

QUOTE (IanStott @ Jan 27 2006, 07:23 PM)
I noticed nobody commented on the C 230 kompressor. Did I make a big faux pas by posting that type of question on this site? I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and I value their opinions. Apologize if I have done the wrong thing!

Ian Stott
Moncton

You didn't do anything wrong; there's prolly just not enough experience on this board with Kompressors.

My impression of them is that they're Mercedes for ppl who can't afford a Mercedes. (Kinda like a 914 is for ppl who can't afford a new Porsche) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) But what do I know?
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jan 27 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #4

neo life

Member No.: 159

Acura to Mercedes is quite a difference. You may get 395k KM but with more costly maintenance. Check with the MBWorld.org or Mercedesshop.com forums. They'll tell you the problems with that model.
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jan 27 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #5

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

i had an 03 and my mom has had two (a 98 and an 05). they are really spirited drivers. the 99 had the 2.3 liter displacement. i believe '02 forward went to the 1.8 engine. but i'd check with a mercedes forum as they can tell you more about the car mechanically. i can just tell you that i really had fun driving mine, and wish i still had it. (mine was a 6 speed) oh ya i also got 35 mpg highway.
and if it breaks, it ain't going to be cheap, but they will run a really long time.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 08:14 PM