Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a new daily driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
My daily driver, a 90 Acura Legend has been an outstanding car, 395,000 KM still drives great but climate control module is a $ 2,100.00 dollar item plus labour and ....... Going to look at a 99 kompressor with only 40,000 km this afternoon, I know the owner. What experiences have any club members had positive or negative.

Thanks

Ian Stott
Moncton
IanStott
I noticed nobody commented on the C 230 kompressor. Did I make a big faux pas by posting that type of question on this site? I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and I value their opinions. Apologize if I have done the wrong thing!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Rrrockhound
QUOTE (IanStott @ Jan 27 2006, 07:23 PM)
I noticed nobody commented on the C 230 kompressor. Did I make a big faux pas by posting that type of question on this site? I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and I value their opinions. Apologize if I have done the wrong thing!

Ian Stott
Moncton

You didn't do anything wrong; there's prolly just not enough experience on this board with Kompressors.

My impression of them is that they're Mercedes for ppl who can't afford a Mercedes. (Kinda like a 914 is for ppl who can't afford a new Porsche) rolleyes.gif But what do I know?
neo914-6
Acura to Mercedes is quite a difference. You may get 395k KM but with more costly maintenance. Check with the MBWorld.org or Mercedesshop.com forums. They'll tell you the problems with that model.
TROJANMAN
i had an 03 and my mom has had two (a 98 and an 05). they are really spirited drivers. the 99 had the 2.3 liter displacement. i believe '02 forward went to the 1.8 engine. but i'd check with a mercedes forum as they can tell you more about the car mechanically. i can just tell you that i really had fun driving mine, and wish i still had it. (mine was a 6 speed) oh ya i also got 35 mpg highway.
and if it breaks, it ain't going to be cheap, but they will run a really long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.