Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is AA hurting??
WRX914
post Feb 7 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #161

2.5 WRX STI hybrid powered beast

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,771
Region Association: Southwest Region

Some advise I would give AA is to label the rubber kit components. Another idea is to offer a store credit to those of us who have purchased parts from you at the "old" and often higher pricing. For example...

I bought the complete rubber kit from AA about 3 months ago for $715.00. If the new price for the exact same rubbers is now $615 (these numbers are arbitrary for sake of explanation), I think you should offer a percentage of the difference as store credit. I do not know what that percentage would be, it is not about the money, it is simply a display of good faith.

my .02 worth...

Keith
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Feb 7 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #162

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Keith, Could it be that the new price $615. is reflective of the abscence of some of the rubber parts in the $715. rubber kit?? I personally do not know I am just asking.
CCLINRUBME
+Quote Post
WRX914
post Feb 7 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #163

2.5 WRX STI hybrid powered beast

Member No.: 2,771
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE (boxstr @ Feb 7 2006, 09:29 AM)
Keith, Could it be that the new price $615. is reflective of the abscence of some of the rubber parts in the $715. rubber kit?? I personally do not know I am just asking.
CCLINRUBME

Actually, I do not know the real prices nor the contents thereof. My previous post is just a possible senerio for the sake of explaining. I do know that the complete rubber seal kit I bought was $715, and AA is comming out with new prices. The above post was simply an example of how the rebate could work.
+Quote Post
Jason.H
post Feb 7 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #164

Member No.: 5,168

I appreciate all the positive remarks that have been said so far. I see that this is clearly going to be an uphill battle but it's one I'm ready to do. For those who suggest a different career choice for me, unless I break my fingers with no hope of repair I'm going to keep on the current path. (No getting ideas there! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) ) Besides, if everyone who came here simply gave up AA would disolve in a week and then what? I don't see us as being one of the few major suppliers of 914 parts as a reason to give myself a crown and have a 'take it or leave it' attitude, I see it as a unique opportunity to make a POSITIVE impact on the community. Unfortunately as some of you have described that has not always been the case in the past. That's something I'm driven to change here and I'm NOT going to give up. My push to correct previous errors is more likely to cost me my job than me walking out on the company.

As for the suggestion above, MOST of our parts follow a set markup over cost so it would be tough to justify a return when infact that was a "fair" price when purchased. Now, I'll be the first to admit that some parts have become cheaper over the years and have not been updated accordingly and that problem is being addressed at this moment.

I'm happy to announce that we pulled together a large company meeting yesterday morning and had some very good discussion about the current state and things we can do to change. We all walked out of it with a clear goal for the future and a long set of rules and procedures that are going to be followed from today on. We're also going to make some HUGE changes to our pricing in the coming weeks and I'm sure most will be pleased with the results. Change almost always takes time so I hope those faithful will stick with us as we implement these changes. For those of you who have written us off I only ask you keep us in your peripheral view. "When you're lying on your face, it takes a stumble to get running."
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Feb 7 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #165

Believe everything I post

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 35

QUOTE (Jason.H @ Feb 7 2006, 04:48 PM)
We're also going to make some HUGE changes to our pricing in the coming weeks and I'm sure most will be pleased with the results.

Hey everyone, don't buy anything from AA for a while. Their prices are going to be lower in a few weeks.

I'm sure your boss is going to love that one Jason.
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Feb 7 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #166

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Feb 7 2006, 01:03 PM)
QUOTE (Jason.H @ Feb 7 2006, 04:48 PM)
We're also going to make some HUGE changes to our pricing in the coming weeks and I'm sure most will be pleased with the results.

Hey everyone, don't buy anything from AA for a while. Their prices are going to be lower in a few weeks.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Feb 7 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #167

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

This is a battle that is unwinnable.

You can't just put on a Jason mask, and get service from anyone but George.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

I didn't see a hockey mask emoticon.

M
+Quote Post
Jaiden
post Feb 7 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #168

Member No.: 3,443

I just want to add my $0.02.
I'm currently rebuilding the entire front suspension of my 914 and I have my list of components.

Well while I'm checking prices I am absolutly amased at the difference in pricing between AA and say Pelican or GRP.

To give you an example for front Bilstein struts
GRP $128.62 PP $143.00 AA $159.5

Steering colum bearing
GRP $19.31 PP $20.35 AA $29.64

Even with a 5% discount your the most expensive and I haven't even finish comparison shopping.

So do you think I'm going to spend my $1000.00 budget with you or someone else?

So far the there is only one item that costs less at AA and I bet it's either a typo or an old price but I won't tell you what that is so I can try to get your price before you fix it!

Hey I haven't used AA before but it doesn't look good for you. your competitors really are giving me what I need and that's parts for significantly cheaper for the same part. Hell I bet I would even save on shipping since I will probably buy all my stuff at one place.

Hey if you want me as a customer do some price matching or BEAT the competitors pricing.

and that's all I got to say about that!
+Quote Post
Jason.H
post Feb 7 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #169

Member No.: 5,168

QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Feb 7 2006, 01:03 PM)

Yes, I'm sure he will too. Let's be honest, 99% of those participating in this thread have no intention of buying from us to begin with so making that statement is a no brainer. This thread is 100 years away from torches and pitch forks so I doubt telling people to wait will have that large an impact. I appreciate the good humor though. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Besides that, we're going to do a lot of correcting of prices which could make them go either direction. Ooooh, suspense I'm sure. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) With sooo many parts to keep track of some have not been corrected in a long time, if that means they're going to be lower then sure wait it out, but if they're going to be higher then so be it.
+Quote Post
914Jr.
post Feb 7 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #170

Member No.: 5,422

Price matching. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Part Pricer
post Feb 7 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #171

Believe everything I post

Member No.: 35

Jason, I'm glad that you found my jab to be amusing. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/poke.gif) It is nice to see that you can maintain your sense of humor. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

If you want some constructive criticism, here's mine. I've bought a lot of auto parts, almost all of them over the Internet. I also know a few things about the inner-workings of the on-line auto parts business.

Here is my list of the most highly known 914 parts suppliers. I know there are others but these are the big four. With my list, you will see why I deal with each one.

GPR - Good people to deal with that know and love the 914. The main reason that they are my first pick is that I have a real-time view into their inventory online. No surprises.

Stoddard - Established Porsche parts business that has always maintained a good inventory of parts for our cars. The Stoddard inventory is near-time (they update nightly). If I see something in stock when I place an order in the morning, I have a high confidence that it will ship that day. I've never been disappointed.

Pelican - I used to buy from Pelican. However, I stopped purchasing from them after I ordered a part that their site said was in stock. It was a very minor item, but not having it available ruined some of my plans. I will not order from them again until they provide a real-time or near-time view into their inventory. Soome people say that you should call them to check on items. That is something I refuse to do. It defeats the whole concept of self-service via the Internet and untimately adds to the cost of providing the part.

AA - Where do I start? First off, I've never bought anything from your company. Based upon the horror stories that I've heard, I've kept my distance. However, the same thing that I said about Pelican goes for you as well. Give me a view into your inventory and I might reconsider. Oh, and your prices suck too. Pick any item from the list of parts show in the link in my signature and compare prices. You always come out higher for new OEM parts.

+Quote Post
914-8
post Feb 7 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #172

Member No.: 5,461

FYI, I started placing an order with PP on the Internet, and when you order, it tells you "28 in stock" or "1 week delivery time" etc. So they seem to have put in some kind of real time inventory information system.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Feb 7 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #173

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE (Jaiden @ Feb 7 2006, 04:16 PM)
I just want to add my $0.02.
I'm currently rebuilding the entire front suspension of my 914 and I have my list of components.

Well while I'm checking prices I am absolutly amased at the difference in pricing between AA and say Pelican or GRP.

To give you an example for front Bilstein struts
GRP $128.62 PP $143.00 AA $159.5

Steering colum bearing
GRP $19.31 PP $20.35 AA $29.64

Even with a 5% discount your the most expensive and I haven't even finish comparison shopping.

So do you think I'm going to spend my $1000.00 budget with you or someone else?

So far the there is only one item that costs less at AA and I bet it's either a typo or an old price but I won't tell you what that is so I can try to get your price before you fix it!

Hey I haven't used AA before but it doesn't look good for you. your competitors really are giving me what I need and that's parts for significantly cheaper for the same part. Hell I bet I would even save on shipping since I will probably buy all my stuff at one place.

Hey if you want me as a customer do some price matching or BEAT the competitors pricing.

and that's all I got to say about that!

Check the club store lately???

Rich
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Feb 7 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #174

You bought another 914?

Member No.: 865

Another nice thing would be a toll free number to call. I haven't ordered anything from AA in LONG (did I say long, I meant, long) time and when I did the order was messed up, long story short after the 5 calls on my dime to fix their mix up I gave up on them. Each call lasted 10 min or more while I was put on "hold" while they searched for my shipping order. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)

I wish you guys luck, you have a hard road in front of you.
+Quote Post
degreeoff
post Feb 7 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #175

I like big butts and I can not lie!

Member No.: 275
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I gotta say that aside from a few of the prices being high.....the parts I have ordered got to me on time and in the shape I expected.

Not to say people/bizes cant make errors...I am the owner of one and it aint easy

Josh
+Quote Post
Twystd1
post Feb 7 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #176

You don't want to know... really.....

Member No.: 2,743

Jason,

Go kick some ass and make it happen.

I get you are going to give it a go at AA.

I sincerely wish you the best on your endeavor.

And the way you responding back in the last several instances to this thread is pretty good.

I have NO issues with you.

I hope you get the power to get this straightened out.

I have been trying to put myself in your shoes for a couple of days.

Man.... you have your work cut out for you.

Yet it can be done in time if you are given the resources.

I AM FLAT OUT AMAZED AT THE RESPONSE FROM SOME OF OUR NON-CLUB MEMBERS. TRYING TO HELP YOU GUYS FOR FREE JUST TO MAKE OUR COMMUNITY HAVE ANOTHER GOOD SOURCE FOR PARTS.

Or whatever their personal reasons are.

This forum has to be the most forgiving and giving place I have ever been on the net.

Just like you... we will see what happens in time.

Little note of interest. Pricing is one way to market.
LOYALTY to a vendor is everything...

Regards,
Clayton Clark
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 7 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #177

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Member No.: 1,696

You can take your spandex suit and cape off now Clark.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 7 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #178

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 7 2006, 04:45 PM)
You can take your spandex suit and cape off now Clark.

Clayton (circa 1976)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Twystd1
post Feb 7 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #179

You don't want to know... really.....

Member No.: 2,743

What are you talking about... Bro

That is the best picture I have ever had of ME...

This jealousy thing is getting out of hand....

I look bad ass in spandex and balloons covering my tits...

Hell... You oughta see me in your G string left over from WCC back in 1923.

Jealous pig..

Twystd1

And yes... I am a grateful human. I once had nuttin....

Now I have my own personal Slits doll..

Hey Aaron... you have that picture of my Slits doll?????

Allan...... Your next..... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

+Quote Post
Mike D.
post Feb 7 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #180

OK, It runs now, and pretty good too!

Member No.: 85

QUOTE (914Jr. @ Feb 7 2006, 01:22 PM)
Price matching. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)

Shopped with AA 4 times, they got it right 3 of those times. Took about 5 months to clear up that last mistake...Oh well...If they had something I needed and couldn't get locally I would shop them again. Probably just call though, I can't find anything on that web site...

Price matching! every vendor I've ever asked has price matched. Performance Products actually prints it in there catalog. PP has done it for me too, I found a part for less somewhere called and asked Tom and he said sure. Then I drove over and picked it up.

Lucky to live in the LA area because I can drive and pick up any part I need from Pelican or Performance.

I don't really have a need for anything to shipped, just more expensive that way...
+Quote Post

15 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 05:31 PM