Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My cursed 914
nbscooters
post Feb 5 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,347
Region Association: None

Hello all!!!!

Ive been lurking this site from time to time reading threads for a few months now or so. I have to say its my new domain for a long time.

I figured I would post a little bit aobut myself and my 914. Here it goes. My name is Ricky and I am 19 years old. I live in southern California. In the middle of my senior year my english teacher asked the class if anyone wanted a job at a Porsche auto shop because his mechanic was looking for some one who wanted to learn about Porsches. The curious, anticipated person I am went to apply and a week later I was part of Team Game-Face Motorsports.

For the past 15 years my dad had his 914 sitting on our driveway and I figured this job could help me get that car running again because I knew my dad wouldn't touch it. After several months of working their Ive learned alot about Porsches and figured it was time to bring the job on myself and fix this car.

Here are the many changes Ive done to this car

Replaced every fuel line.
Replaced injectors.
Changed the oil and oil filter.
New spark plugs.
Replaced fuel regular
New air filter.
Replaced fuel pump.
Replaced fuel filter.
Replaced clutch and flywheel.
Replaced the tires.
New battery.
New clutch cable.

Heres the many problems with the car

Fuel is not flowing.
Clogged fuel filter.
Clogged Fuel tank.
Fuel pressure is extremely high.
Engine was running way too rich.
Fuel regulator was broken.
Fuel pump took a shit on me.
Starter stopped working.
Ground strap wasn't seated correctly.
Battery only put out 2 volts(Charger almost fried)ha
Firewall clutch cable hole is broken.
Clutch cylinder hits the floor and stays there.

Im about $500 into this and the car hasn't budged yet. I haven't even gotten to the brakes portion yet!!!!!! Imagine how many problems I am going to have their!!! Im a full time college student with two jobs and almost zero income. So this leaves me almost no time and no money for this poor car. Every little time I get, I spend on this car.

Things that need to be done

Finish getting rid of the burning oil.
Replace brake master cylinder.
Replaced pads and rotors.
Bleed the brakes.
String and align the car.
Fix the dwell.
Recharge the A/C.
Suspension issues.
(im sure I left something out)

Anyways, Im glad that this place is around and people are here to help out and have fun at the same time. Im excited about learning these cars and I hope my understanding of these cars never stop. I know everyone here dispises them but it needs to be done. Here is a picture i took after I replaced the various fuel hoses.

Quick question, whats with everyone having a huge signature? Come on. Seriously. Why?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 03:24 PM