Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT:NAPA autparts sc#%^ed me, should they pay?, 8 ruined fuel injectors for my '01 truck
Mueller
post Feb 6 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Went to the local NAPA autoparts on Saturday to pick up some parts and decided that since I have my injectors off I should replace the o-rings.

I told the sales guy the specs of the truck and he hands me 8 re-furb kits which have a plastic pintle cover, a spacer and 2 o-rings.

I go home, remove the old parts (have to cut off the old pintle covers) and install the new parts....well, the last 2 pintle covers split and break, I'm thinking it was just a tolerance issue and go back to NAPA.

Guess what? They don't list an '01 kit, the kid behind the counter just figured that they look like the kits for '99 and older injectors and sold me kits without saying a word.

Now I have 8 fuel injectors that are useless without the correct pintle covers and nobody seems to offer them seperatly.

Of course NAPA is willing to refund my $30 or whatever for the useless kits, but what about my injectors???

I'm about to pop a blood vessel (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:16 PM