Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Where's this wire go?, and other useless info
deserttoad
post Feb 7 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,468

Working on a 1975 1.8 with FI.

So I need to know where the wire that comes up through the tinwork with the throttle cable goes. It's hard to see, but I believe it is green. So I'm thinking it must be for the temp sensor? It is just a bare metal spade, and I don't know where to plug it in. Or does it perhaps go back to the dash to my oil temp gauge (hasn't ever worked)? There is no other obvious unplugged wire around.

And don't I see a temp sensor right on top of the motor as well - is that the one for the computer to use?

And speaking of electrical things - my tach only works at low revs all of a sudden, and my amp meter and fuel gauge have quit as well - what gives, is there a common ground?

thanks,

DT
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
deserttoad   Where's this wire go?   Feb 7 2006, 02:48 PM
Cap'n Krusty   That wire is for the temp sensor, which is located...   Feb 7 2006, 03:17 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:24 AM