Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The PORSCHE WAVE
Do you guys get it?
Do you guys get it?
often [ 42 ] ** [27.10%]
rarely [ 89 ] ** [57.42%]
never [ 24 ] ** [15.48%]
Total Votes: 155
Guests cannot vote 
balljoint
post Jun 8 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #61

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,897
Region Association: None

I had a Boxteress pull up beside me on the highway last night, coming home from work, top off. Older dood, gave me the nod and smile and then shot ahead (I was doing 75 in the right lane). Then on the way in this morning I had a 944 turbo pull up beside me and give me the wave. Those were my first "Porsche Waves". I gotta say it felt pretty good. In between I was stopped at a light next to a guy in a Carrera, he was talking to his female passenger and didn't even notice as I rolled up next to him.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jun 8 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #62

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 8 2006, 04:34 PM) *

I had a Boxteress pull up beside me on the highway last night, coming home from work, top off.

Worthless without pics... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jun 29 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #63

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

got a random wave from 928 today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jun 30 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #64

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

I think from now on I'll only wave at 914's...and I'll start on, hummmm, I think I'll start on July 7th. I think that would be a good day to start (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Jun 30 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #65

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Need a poll option for:
My car is too jack standed to get waves.

Zach
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jul 5 2006, 11:24 AM
Post #66

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584

Forgot to mention that last week a new, silver 911 gave me a headlight flash as we crossed paths while I was driving my 914. Since my fogs keep burning out (but fuse still intact?) I flashed him the peace sign.

Damn...guess I'm gonna have to be nice to some of 'em! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jul 5 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #67

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

I noticed a super nice red taildragger in Bothell a few days ago. Then he flashes his fogs, then waves big as we pass. I flipped him off. Just kidding, waved back with a smile and nod. Very cool! I'm used to them ignoring the 914.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Jul 5 2006, 12:38 PM
Post #68

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

...took a long ride with wife this past weekend...about 2 hours all around my county. No 914's out there with me (not surprised), but got plenty of waves and beeps from all other Porsches.

One 928 slowed and with shock on his face gave me a "WOW" and a wave....my wife was really getting a kick outta all the fuss...
+Quote Post
mudfoot76
post Jul 5 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #69

Currently teenerless :-(

Member No.: 1,814

I think I have about a 25% wave-back in my area. Many new(er) Boxters around, and those people, for the most part, have the awareness of the stereotypical SUV-driving soccer mom. Other P-cars are usually better. I've even gotten waves from Vipers on occasion, and then the hot-rodders too.

Not too many teeners running in this area....
+Quote Post
Rrrockhound
post Jul 5 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 5,213

What are the "rules"on waves, anyhow? I can wave at old aircooled Porsches and count on a wave back. But aircooled VWs--only maybe. And anything like a 944 or Boxster--forget it. I wave at old MGBs and such because I like all old sports cars--no dice. I don't even bother anymore with old Mustangs and muscle cars--they're in their own world. Then there's the random waves I get from Blazers, Harley riders, and dudes on bicycles, even. Are they waving because they "get it" or because they just notice something unusual?

Guys definitely notice my teener more than chicks. Not to stereotype, but female drivers seem to be off in another world.

Some people actually give me dirty looks. I figure they're just jealous.

The most special thing, tho, is when I drive past some little kid about 8 years old, and even tho he's too young to know my car, I can just tell from his reaction that he sees my 914 and knows there's something special about it.
+Quote Post
TINCAN914
post Jul 5 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #71

Summer's Commin...

Member No.: 4,611
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Got my first offical wave yesterday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) heading up to the mountains... Prior to that I have been snubbed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ......The boy (my son) said whos that? I don't know I replied just a guy out for a nice drive..
+Quote Post
shoguneagle
post Jul 5 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #72

shoguneagle

Member No.: 84
Region Association: Northern California

I have found that I get about 50% waves, whether I am driving the Jeep, the Vette, the Pickup, or the 914. I try to make it a habit to wave at vehicles that I know the driver is enjoying. Example: going north on Highway 1 between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay (California) topped the hill crest and here was coming toward me ten Austin Healeys'; gave them a "HIGH fIVE" and all of the drivers returned it with huge smiles; they feel good and makes me feel good. The rest of the 50% - they will never realize what they have missed!!!!

Steve Hurt
+Quote Post
Rand
post Jul 6 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #73

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

On my lunch break today...

While parked by the lake, saw a *pristine* '72 Datsun 240z and had a nice long enjoyable chat with the owner about cars. He has quite the stable.

Driving back to work, noticed a nice Acura NSX in my rearview. I pull into a left turn lane and look over my right shoulder to admire, and as I was raising a thumbs up, he was already waving at me.

When people recognize each other as car enthusiasts by glancing at the car, and have an immediate appreciation regardless of the model, THAT's cool.
+Quote Post
Toast
post Jul 6 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #74

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jun 29 2006, 11:00 PM) *

I think from now on I'll only wave at 914's...and I'll start on, hummmm, I think I'll start on July 7th. I think that would be a good day to start (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Sounds like a 'convienent' day to start. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
startsw/p
post Jul 7 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #75

born with a wrench in one hand and a beer in the other...

Member No.: 3,656

Used to be only waved at in the Vanagon by other Vanagons. Then Peace sign from teenagers, -- If they're cute I give it back with my tongue in between LOL--
While driving my old Mars Red 80 GTI 16V, other VW guys would break their necks to look, lots of thumbs up.
Driving mom's 87 928 S4, lots of cranked heads, no waves.
Driving dad's 01 BOX-S -- top down, verbal "nice car" from any youngun you pass on a friday night.
BUT P cars? Most of the new ones are first timers. Leasers. No wave. Unless it's some older dude that's been raped by Porsche before, those guys will lift a finger off the wheel to acknowledge the teener. Somehow there is some bond between us victims of lost wages. Yeah it's expensive, don't touch it. No you can't go for a drive. Best waves though were in my 72 1.7, most guys were waving good-bye, it was so slow, but there were two young blondes that pulled up next to me at a light and asked " Excuse me, what kind of car is that?" Obviously they couldn't read the script anywhere on the car, and after I replied " It's a Porsche!", She said " No It's not." --- Probably why I hooked up with a redhead. Cheers.
+Quote Post
Dr. Roger
post Jul 7 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #76

A bat out of hell.

Member No.: 3,533

yesterday and last night i got a wave from a suzuki 1000, another 914 (who now may join this club), a chevy truck and a buick somethingorother. i had to race the suzuki and won... whoops, did i say that?
+Quote Post
JPB
post Jul 23 2006, 08:11 AM
Post #77

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Member No.: 5,107

I'll never forget pulling into town from picking up the 914 when I saw a young boy looking with eyes and mouth wide open as his mom sped along. I also made a WV bug roadster for my friend and the attention he gets is almost overwhelming. It will be the same here for 914s in Tappahannock since its a rural type community and Mustang/SUV contaminated.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) In hot weather, always keep cold beverages handy.
+Quote Post
sww914
post Jul 23 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

Most WRX owners wave to one another.
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Jul 23 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #79

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

^^^ Seen that..

Got the wave by a yellow new boxster... Old guy.

I waved back, and stepped on it in 4th... Then he really gave me the wave! lol
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:42 AM