Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 6 cylinder gauges
sharper
post Feb 13 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 789
Region Association: South East States

All the talk about me shipping a converted 914/6 and I found one over the weekend that was 2 hours away that I purchased. It has a 3.5 twin plug engine with a 915 transmission in it but I need to get some gauges hooked up. Can someone tell me what gauges will work with this engine? Anyone got some for sale?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
goose2
post Feb 13 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,847
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Your car sounds cool...any pics?
The 2 most common solutions are: 1. Get a 911 oil temp/oil press gauge to replace your fuel/idiot light combo and add a fuel gauge elsewhere (usually in the console). 2. Get an oil temp/oil press/fuel combo gauge to replace your fuel/idiot light combo. These are custom built by a couple of people and quite expensive, but a nice solution. The pressure senders on the motor have to match the gauge, there are at least a couple different ones. If you go the #1 route, I can help you out with parts.
+Quote Post
sharper
post Feb 13 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Here is a pic from the ad the seller posted. In looks just as good in person as it does in the pics.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
sharper
post Feb 19 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #4

Goose, thanks for the info. I'm looking at option #1 for now. I'm leaning towards a Getty dash in which case I need that gauge anyway. My problem now is figuring out what sender unit I have. I can see in down on the engine but can't get even remotely close to it to see if there is a part number. Any other ways to tell what sender it is?
+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 19 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #5

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (sharper @ Feb 13 2006, 09:57 AM)
Here is a pic from the ad the seller posted. In looks just as good in person as it does in the pics.

Nice looking car...
+Quote Post
goose2
post Feb 20 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,847
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE (sharper @ Feb 19 2006, 04:52 PM)
My problem now is figuring out what sender unit I have. I can see in down on the engine but can't get even remotely close to it to see if there is a part number. Any other ways to tell what sender it is?

I know there are others here who know more about this than I, but I'll take a stab at it. 911 oil press gauges come in 2 flavors, the difference being the range of readings. If you don't know what your sender is, the safest approach might be to just buy a new sender for the same year as the gauge...they're not very expensive and prone to leakage anyway. There is also a sender that has a separate connection for an idiot light. Some careful reading of Pelican's parts listings should provide what you need to deduce the answers. Sorry I can't be more precise.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 06:31 AM