Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 cylinder gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sharper
All the talk about me shipping a converted 914/6 and I found one over the weekend that was 2 hours away that I purchased. It has a 3.5 twin plug engine with a 915 transmission in it but I need to get some gauges hooked up. Can someone tell me what gauges will work with this engine? Anyone got some for sale?
goose2
Your car sounds cool...any pics?
The 2 most common solutions are: 1. Get a 911 oil temp/oil press gauge to replace your fuel/idiot light combo and add a fuel gauge elsewhere (usually in the console). 2. Get an oil temp/oil press/fuel combo gauge to replace your fuel/idiot light combo. These are custom built by a couple of people and quite expensive, but a nice solution. The pressure senders on the motor have to match the gauge, there are at least a couple different ones. If you go the #1 route, I can help you out with parts.
sharper
Here is a pic from the ad the seller posted. In looks just as good in person as it does in the pics.

sharper
Goose, thanks for the info. I'm looking at option #1 for now. I'm leaning towards a Getty dash in which case I need that gauge anyway. My problem now is figuring out what sender unit I have. I can see in down on the engine but can't get even remotely close to it to see if there is a part number. Any other ways to tell what sender it is?
Allan
QUOTE (sharper @ Feb 13 2006, 09:57 AM)
Here is a pic from the ad the seller posted. In looks just as good in person as it does in the pics.

Nice looking car...
goose2
QUOTE (sharper @ Feb 19 2006, 04:52 PM)
My problem now is figuring out what sender unit I have. I can see in down on the engine but can't get even remotely close to it to see if there is a part number. Any other ways to tell what sender it is?

I know there are others here who know more about this than I, but I'll take a stab at it. 911 oil press gauges come in 2 flavors, the difference being the range of readings. If you don't know what your sender is, the safest approach might be to just buy a new sender for the same year as the gauge...they're not very expensive and prone to leakage anyway. There is also a sender that has a separate connection for an idiot light. Some careful reading of Pelican's parts listings should provide what you need to deduce the answers. Sorry I can't be more precise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.