Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plenum removal, Noob question
Rand
post Feb 13 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Cross Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

How is the plenum fastened down on a '75 2.0? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/051103-stupid4.gif) Once the intake runners are off, what else needs to come loose to get the plenum off?

There are a couple of holes in the plenum next to the throttle body with tubes running through the plenum, but I couldn't find a screw head in the bottom of those. There's a tab on the drivers side with a screw in it, but that didn't let it loose.

I had just started taking it apart when I got a call and had to drive... So I put everything back with a new gasket between throttle body and plenum, and found a couple of small cracks near the tubes that run through the plenum. Sealed those with tape for now. It did drop my idle and there's a little bit of a whistle now. My fast idle problem is just about narrowed down to a cracked plenum. Before I dig in again I'd like to know exactly how it's fastened.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 13 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

there's one bracket on the rear too

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Feb 14 2006, 01:07 AM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I believe that there are two "feet" on the sides/front of the plenum. Those go to some of the screws that hold the engine tin onto the top of the crankcase. Plus there is the tab shown above that runs to the crankcase seam at the back. It is held on by one of the through-bolts.

--DD
+Quote Post
Rand
post Feb 14 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #4

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

Thanks Kevin and Dave!

I had missed the bolt in Kevin's photo... Very helpful... Kevin, I'm buyin' you a beer someday.

Also noted, that bolt is a major grounding point for the FI wires.

Getting closer... intake manifold gasket replaced on one side. All intake runner sleeve/seals replaced. Back together, fired it up, runs good, putting palm over intake killed it... Good sign. We'll see how it runs for the commute tomorrow.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:35 AM