Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plenum removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
How is the plenum fastened down on a '75 2.0? 051103-stupid4.gif Once the intake runners are off, what else needs to come loose to get the plenum off?

There are a couple of holes in the plenum next to the throttle body with tubes running through the plenum, but I couldn't find a screw head in the bottom of those. There's a tab on the drivers side with a screw in it, but that didn't let it loose.

I had just started taking it apart when I got a call and had to drive... So I put everything back with a new gasket between throttle body and plenum, and found a couple of small cracks near the tubes that run through the plenum. Sealed those with tape for now. It did drop my idle and there's a little bit of a whistle now. My fast idle problem is just about narrowed down to a cracked plenum. Before I dig in again I'd like to know exactly how it's fastened.
rhodyguy
there's one bracket on the rear too
Dave_Darling
I believe that there are two "feet" on the sides/front of the plenum. Those go to some of the screws that hold the engine tin onto the top of the crankcase. Plus there is the tab shown above that runs to the crankcase seam at the back. It is held on by one of the through-bolts.

--DD
Rand
Thanks Kevin and Dave!

I had missed the bolt in Kevin's photo... Very helpful... Kevin, I'm buyin' you a beer someday.

Also noted, that bolt is a major grounding point for the FI wires.

Getting closer... intake manifold gasket replaced on one side. All intake runner sleeve/seals replaced. Back together, fired it up, runs good, putting palm over intake killed it... Good sign. We'll see how it runs for the commute tomorrow.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.