Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New (to me) 2.0 engine
srb7f
post Feb 15 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,077
Region Association: None

I just purchased a 75' 2.0 engine to replace my tired 1.8 that's got about 95,000 miles on it. According to the seller, the compression ratios are 125, 130, 130, 125 in order. Uncertain on mileage, but I'm trying to decide what I want to do with the engine.
One option is cleaning it up, putting it in with the SSIs and bursch muffler for my 1.8.

I don't really want to get into expensive head work or engine rebuilds right now, but is there anything simple (like putting in new rings) and fairly inexpensive which will increase the compression and increase the power before I put the engine in?

I don't have too much experience with engine work, but as I rebuilt everything else on the 914, I'm sure I could learn. As far as my use for the engine, I basically drive the car aggressively on the street during nice days, but I do like to get to an autocross or two per year if time allows. Any input is greatly appreciated from someone with more experience with engines. Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 06:00 AM