Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> QUESTION FOR CABLE SHIFT GURUS, I have 30 minutes to find out?
wbergtho
post Feb 16 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

Hi guys,

Anyone know what length cables I need to hook my 930 box up in my 914? I'm getting a few different ideas and would like your input. I'd like to order some from Mcmaster-Car tonight before they close for the day (6:30 PM PST). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bill
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mugs914
post Feb 16 2006, 08:12 PM
Post #2

"Hey, yellow IS faster!"

Member No.: 4,452
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hi Bill,

For the G50 I used 96" cables. That left plenty of room to rout them with nice gentle bends around the motor as opposed to over or under. I would expect the 930 to need about ten inches less, based on what Bill Patrick told me. Maybe split the difference. It's easier to route a cable thats a little too long than it is to strech a short one! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Best of luck!
+Quote Post
wbergtho
post Feb 16 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 623

See...I knew there was at least one guy out there who could help out. I love this place! Thanks Mugs for the info. I like what you've done with your tube frame car. That G50/52 is the shit! I guess I'll have to make do with my notchy (no better than a 915) "shift feel".

Bill
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 01:04 PM