Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QUESTION FOR CABLE SHIFT GURUS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
Hi guys,

Anyone know what length cables I need to hook my 930 box up in my 914? I'm getting a few different ideas and would like your input. I'd like to order some from Mcmaster-Car tonight before they close for the day (6:30 PM PST). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bill
Mugs914
Hi Bill,

For the G50 I used 96" cables. That left plenty of room to rout them with nice gentle bends around the motor as opposed to over or under. I would expect the 930 to need about ten inches less, based on what Bill Patrick told me. Maybe split the difference. It's easier to route a cable thats a little too long than it is to strech a short one! wink.gif

Best of luck!
wbergtho
See...I knew there was at least one guy out there who could help out. I love this place! Thanks Mugs for the info. I like what you've done with your tube frame car. That G50/52 is the shit! I guess I'll have to make do with my notchy (no better than a 915) "shift feel".

Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.