Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA Club Race in the Desert at Phoenix Int. Racewy, Club race and DE for the AZ Region.
bryanc
post Feb 20 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,495
Region Association: Southwest Region

March 4/5 2006. See here. for details. This is at PIR, not too far for the SoCal contingent to drive, just get on I-10 and head east (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif) The yet-to-be formed Arizona contingent should all be there.

We'll be having lots of DE time for those of you that don't race. There will be lots of fast 914s and those other P-cars there.

You'll get to see Wild6, gregrobbins, myself, bwilless, TimAZ and many more 914-club members there.

We should take the opportunity to get some photo-ops in, I'm going to be busy all weekend, so I won't be free for any meals, but probably could share a (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer3.gif) or 8.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mugs914
post Feb 20 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #2

"Hey, yellow IS faster!"

Member No.: 4,452

I'll be there. Workin, not runnin' Unfortunately. I'll be crew-chiefin' my buddy's 944 turbo for the club race and instucting his wife in the DE.

Would be fun to have a bunch of club folk show up. I was talking to Mike at Joe's BBQ about coming out, maybe we can get a crew together for dinner and (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif) ...

And you SoCal guys, come on.... The 'zonies came clean over here for a BARBEQUE!! You guys can make the haul for track time can't ya?
+Quote Post
brant
post Feb 20 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #3

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Bryan,

can't wait to see that yellow car back in action.
take pictures ok!

brant
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Feb 20 2006, 11:44 PM
Post #4

Member: Team NARP

Member No.: 1,844

New seat belts are installed, and car goes into the shop for new fuel lines and tech inspection.

PIR is a great tract for 914s. Two days of DE with four to five runs a day, about three hours of track time. Plus a chance to watch some great Porsche racing.

Mugs914, looking forward to seeing you again. Still appreciate the time you shared with me at the HSR West Palm Springs race.
+Quote Post
bryanc
post Feb 21 2006, 02:16 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Feb 20 2006, 09:44 PM)
New seat belts are installed, and car goes into the shop for new fuel lines and tech inspection.

PIR is a great tract for 914s. Two days of DE with four to five runs a day, about three hours of track time. Plus a chance to watch some great Porsche racing.

Mugs914, looking forward to seeing you again. Still appreciate the time you shared with me at the HSR West Palm Springs race.

Greg,

I still owe you a ride in the yellow beast. Maybe on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Do you have a full face helmet?
+Quote Post
Mugs914
post Feb 21 2006, 03:04 AM
Post #6

"Hey, yellow IS faster!"

Can't wait Greg! Not sure if Ron is bringing the yellow 914 or not, but I'll be there with the 944 either way.

Feel like givin' any rides? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
9magazine
post Feb 21 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #7

9 Magazine The 914 DIY Publication

Member No.: 500

Guys,

Count me in, the G/F and I will be in Phoenix for some convention for her... but I can sneak away to come out.

Any body need an extra set of hands to help out? Let me know!

Brian Minson
9 Magazine
http://www.9magazine.com
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Feb 21 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #8

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881

So I'm checking out the DE info and it looks like I don't need to belong to the PCA. Correct?

Is there a way to have my car inspected prior to the Friday inspection to see what, if anything needs to be done? I went through the check list form and I think I would be ok but who knows? Are there any local guys that could look at my car prior to the PCA folks checking it out? The DE sounds like a fun time.
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Feb 21 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (bryanc @ Feb 21 2006, 01:16 AM)

Greg,

I still owe you a ride in the yellow beast. Maybe on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Do you have a full face helmet?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) YES! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)

Wahoooooooo!
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Feb 21 2006, 09:41 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Feb 21 2006, 02:04 AM)

Can't wait Greg! Not sure if Ron is bringing the yellow 914 or not, but I'll be there with the 944 either way.

Feel like givin' any rides? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

What's up Mugs914, you need a nap? After your turbo project, and other cars you driver/ridden in, I can't imagine a stock 2.0L would be too exciting. That said, your committed! Ride with me and give me pointers. Also, let me know if you want to use my helmet radio system when you are instructing--makes it a lot easier to hear.
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Feb 21 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (MW 914 @ Feb 21 2006, 07:57 AM)
So I'm checking out the DE info and it looks like I don't need to belong to the PCA. Correct?

Is there a way to have my car inspected prior to the Friday inspection to see what, if anything needs to be done? I went through the check list form and I think I would be ok but who knows? Are there any local guys that could look at my car prior to the PCA folks checking it out? The DE sounds like a fun time.

Mike, I know your car. Its ready. Double check that the battery is firmly mounted, otherwise they give the cars a close look over and torque down the lug nuts. You will need a helmet, motorcycle or auto, approved 2000 or newer. I look forward to sharing the day with you!
+Quote Post
Wild 6
post Feb 21 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #12

See you at the next autocross.

Member No.: 3,128

Mike,
Stuttgart Southwest will do a free tech inspection for the Club Race.
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Feb 21 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #13

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881

QUOTE (Wild 6 @ Feb 21 2006, 02:51 PM)
Mike,
Stuttgart Southwest will do a free tech inspection for the Club Race.

I was just there a couple of hours ago and Joe told me. Great news!
+Quote Post
Racing916
post Feb 21 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 2,959
Region Association: North East States

Take lots of pics please!!!!
+Quote Post
Mugs914
post Feb 21 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #15

"Hey, yellow IS faster!"

QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Feb 21 2006, 07:41 AM)
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Feb 21 2006, 02:04 AM)

What's up Mugs914, you need a nap? After your turbo project, and other cars you driver/ridden in, I can't imagine a stock 2.0L would be too exciting. That said, your committed! Ride with me and give me pointers. Also, let me know if you want to use my helmet radio system when you are instructing--makes it a lot easier to hear.

Any time on the track is time well spent, Greg! That'll be great.

Might have to take you up on the helmet intercom. Sounds like a big help.
+Quote Post
bryanc
post Feb 23 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #16

bump, just over a week to go!!!
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Feb 26 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #17

BUMP

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
snflupigus
post Feb 26 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,163
Region Association: None

This race got me a date... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

What will be the best times to be over there...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:18 PM